Now, Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Krest Edition!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki is doing what it's best at. Bombarding a series of special editions to garner attention as the festive season approaches.

The latest car to join this gang is Wagon-R Krest Edition that offers following 10 add-ons as an extra:

> Mud Flaps

> Carpet Floor Mats

> Revised Front Grille

> New Wheel Covers

> Elegant Seat Covers

> Steering Wheel Cover

> Keyless Central Locking

> Limited Edition Body Graphics

> Reverse Parking Sensors with Display

> Dual DIN Audio with Bluetooth + Speakers

The company claims value of these accessories to be worth Rs.32,500 but is offering them at a premium of Rs.22,500 over regular variants of Wagon-R.

Elaborating on the smart features of Wagon R Krest, Mr. Manohar Bhat, Vice President (Marketing) Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, “The Wagon R, one of India’s top selling models, is known for its attributes like smart space, features and high Fuel Efficiency. While the Wagon R customer is practical he still aspires for differentiation. In line with this expectation Wagon R Krest has been tastefully packed with features that are smart & technologically superior making it more attractive for the customer. We are confident features like Reverse Parking Sensor with digital display, double din audio with Bluetooth will be cherished by technology savvy customers.”
Maruti-Suzuki-Wagon-R-Krest-Edition-01.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Wagon-R-Krest-Edition-02.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Wagon-R-Krest-Edition-03.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Wagon-R-Krest-Edition-04.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti Suzuki is doing what it's best at. Bombarding a series of special editions to garner attention as the festive season approaches.

The latest car to join this gang is Wagon-R Krest Edition that offers following 10 add-ons as an extra:

> Mud Flaps

> Carpet Floor Mats

> Revised Front Grille

> New Wheel Covers

> Elegant Seat Covers

> Steering Wheel Cover

The company claims value of these accessories to be worth Rs.32,500 but is offering them at a premium of Rs.22,500 over regular variants of Wagon-R.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yeah.
Better than StringRay atleast[;)]

Thank God, Maruti didn't overdo this time (atleast the decal point of view)
22.5k is something same as the market value of the listed items. What we get is no warranty issues compromising the choices.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

> Mud Flaps

> Carpet Floor Mats

> Revised Front Grille

> New Wheel Covers

> Elegant Seat Covers

> Steering Wheel Cover

Vibhor you are absolutely correct. I have been witness to some of their recent gimmicks like Ertiga Special edition, Alto 800 edition and Ritz Elate (I hope you remember the Ritz Elate)

All of them had 1 thing in common i.e Heaps of accessories with no actual value addition. Vibhor, I have the copy of official list of the Ertiga Limited Edition Accessories and I was really shocked to see that those items which are often given complementary are being charged here.

You would be knowing that there is a kit called "basic kit" which includes Mud Flaps, Steering cover, floor mats, divinity and perfume. Now to be honest who on earth will pay for this?

It is totally a waste. It is a limited edition of the Wagon R that is present as an alternative of Stingray i.e it is sold along-side the Stingray.

I am dead sure that 33000/- worth of accessories they are giving at 22000/- will cost not more than 15000 to them since they buy in bulk. All these MGA add on accessories are outsourced and then sold at a premium. It is a way to burn a deep hole in the pocket of the buyer.

I would like to place a price list here.

1) Wheel Covers- 600

2) Steering Cover- 300

3) Mud Flaps- 800

4) Seat Cover- 4000

5) Dual Din- 7000

6) Cental Lock- 2000

7) Floor mats- not more than 500

8) Reverse Camera- 2000

9) Graphics- 500

The total would be around 17500/- and since they buy in bulk so it wont cost more than 15000/-. As far as warranty is concerned, If you get a good after market brand which gives you prompt warranty of 12 months then I don't think that MGAs would be having anything better.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ akash - like mr boss said , this edition prices seems good for it's price and like you calculated , i calculated all the items at 19500rs :p

And people obviously will see what all they are offering and even if by their estimates it comes to be 3k-5k expensive , people will still buy it because they won't have to go places to get these things installed and moreover it's company product , so for them it will be better

Well anyways this seems good and thank god they didn't overkill it with chrome bling.

In this edition bluetooth is the only utility thing which can allure a person. The Maruti salesmen will highlight all these usless things to naive buyers and make the profit.

+1 to Akash
Let us consider a person buying a Wagon R VXi ,which already have
Mud Flaps
Carpet Floor Mats
Wheel Covers
Seat Covers ? (Cloth cover for 2000)
Steering Wheel Cover? (Max 500 Rs)
Central Locking
Dual DIN Audio

What is the value added ?
The only added things are
Body Graphics (Who want it anyway ?)
Bluetooth
Reverse Parking Sensors with Display
Which is not worth this much (Rs 35,000 ? )
The looks are little better with that front grill .
The picture ,in this angle is the only way Wagon R looks good. Look it from front and it is really non Muscular and bulged in the back.
Maruti is still thinking they can fool people and this is what I don't like.

PS: I enquired about wagon R last week and the SA was not even aware of this model ,so there goes Maruti's marketing strategy .

Mods :-Unable to edit.

This model is only available in Wagon R LXi. Not in VXi, so my points stand void. Regret the misinterpretation.

Mods :-Unable to edit.

This model is only available in Wagon R LXi. Not in VXi, so my points stand void. Regret the misinterpretation.
uptill now usually all the limited editions or special editions anniversary editions are out to clear off the stocks of lower variants of particular cars.Lx and Lxi usually would be seen from maruti offering with all such accessories with added prices.

With not much new to offer in entry level hatchback maruti has just added some accessories in the wagy to attract customers this festive season .With a fairly aged model come on maruti current generation wagonr is now 4.5 year old it doesn't need mid life refreshment all it needs is all new generation without weight reduction. [sleep]

Top Bottom