Hyundai Santro vs Daewoo Matiz: Nostalgic Pick

Hyundai Santro vs Daewoo Matiz (Top-of-the-Line Variants)

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz,Bharath here.I justvhave this crazy Idea and I wanted to ask you this Question.

1) You are at the time buying a Hatchback from 1998-2003.
2) Your Budget is MAX Rs.4 Lakhs.
3) You will get the Spare parts without any hassle.
4) Daewoo wasn't Bankrupt
5) A.S.S is good.

What would you pick - Hyundai Santro or the Daewoo Matiz ?

And Ofcourse Why ?

For Me,Well It would be the Matiz anyday.It looks much better and Cuter than the Santro,Slightly better FE,Factory Fitted Strut Braces,Lambda Loops,Oxygen sensors,5 Star Safety,Better Powerful AC,Better Seating Position and Comfort and The Best Part, Interior Space.

Please post your Pick.Thank you

Re: Hyundai Santro vs Daewoo Matiz-Nostalgic Pick

Voted for Matiz!
Will choose matiz anyday because of its safety. If Maruti 800(its arch rival) lost control, thats all! your life gone or get serious injuries.

@Bharath
What is Factory fitted strut braces, Lambda Loops and Oxygen sensors ???

AMG

Suspended

Matiz, because it has character, and it doesnt seem to be put together by by zombies in factories with robots, unlike the santro.

Thread Starter #4
Matiz, because it has character, and it doesnt seem to be put together by by zombies in factories with robots, unlike the santro.
Exactly Sir !! The Matiz looks much better.It just dosn't look like any other car back at the 90s.Thank you

Voted for Matiz!
Will choose matiz anyday because of its safety. If Maruti 800(its arch rival) lost control, thats all! your life gone or get serious injuries.
Actually The Matiz's Arch Rival was the Santro and Zen.Yes,you are right.Matiz was One of the Very Safe Hatchs all over the world and The Only Car in India Safety-tested and with a 5 star Rating.IMHO,I see no reason why someone will pick a Santro over a Matiz.Thank you

OT-I am sorry,But I am just 15 and I think I am a lot younger to you.Thank you

Maybe there are die-hard fans for Santro like you for Matiz.
Though there is no Pros( Only Cons are there[;)] ) to Santro over Matiz, the fans love the brand and not the product (car).

Thread Starter #6

Maybe there are die-hard fans for Santro like you for Matiz.
Though there is no Pros( Only Cons are there[;)] ) to Santro over Matiz, the fans love the brand and not the product (car).
Yes,I think That's True my friend.Yup,Only Cons [lol] Thank you

Man, you really like the nostalgic era! Voted for Matiz. It was a good contender. I have seen a crash where a Daewoo protected it's occupants even after a HEAD ON collision with a truck![clap][clap]

Thread Starter #8

Man, you really like the nostalgic era! Voted for Matiz. It was a good contender. I have seen a crash where a Daewoo protected it's occupants even after a HEAD ON collision with a truck![clap][clap]
Yes Bro,I saw that Crash on Team-BHP and God,How scary and Devastating that was bro ! I still remember it.Good Ol' Matiz saved everyone by sacrificing her life.Thank you

Last edited:
I've voted for the Matiz. Its purely on looks. I owned a Santro, 1st gen, and on ownership experience, the santro trumped the matiz. For that I blame the company Daewoo. Even the Nubira, which was then launched as Optra after the GM takeover was a good car.

The thread takes us to the nostalgic era. I was owning a Maruti 800 during that period. Later on in 2005 I bought Santro Xing. Still I believe it is Santro is a no-nonsense car. But I must say Matiz is the winner here. It was one of good looking car during that period. Voted for Matiz

I agree Matiz is a fantastic vehicle but couldn't sustain the market for various reasons.

Factory Fitted Strut Braces
It doesn't mean that vehicle with factory fitted strut brace is far superior. Sometimes when the target performance couldn't be achieved with the body stiffness, these strut braces were added (I don't mean Matiz body is inferior, but we aren't sure about the reason behind strut brace addition)

Thread Starter #13
You are right Mr.Boss.Almost nobody knows Why Daewoo added Strut Braces to the Matiz ! I think because It was a Tall-boy like the Wagon-R (Actually No,But Waggie was a Rival too).etc and Daewoo wanted Matiz to be a Superb Handler and a Fun-to-drive Hatch unlike other Tall-boys,Which had Some Serious Body-Roll.But Again I can't see,If Daewoo wanted to make Matiz a Fun-to-drive Hatchback,Why would they Plonk in an 800cc 3 Pot MPFi 16-Bit ECU Engine other than a 1.2 4 Pot Engine ? But Anyway,Matiz is definitly for me.My Dad will be going to Germany Soon.Germany,Italy,France and London was the Fruit of Matiz ! It was one of the Most Affordable,Most Succesful and Most Awarded Cars,There.Meanwhile Matiz failed here miserably to Santro.I just don't know Why.He will take a lot of Pics and I will post them Here ASAP !

Top Bottom