Next Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift Debuts in 2015

Thread Starter #1
Maruti-Suzuki has followed this trend, with cars like the Celerio and the Ciaz being heavily influenced by the company’s R&D team. It goes to show that the Indian buyer is at the core of Maruti Suzuki’s strategy.
The latest result of this trend is that the company is set to bring to India a sportier version of the Swift, the fourth generation of the car.
The new Swift is expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel that is being developed by Suzuki, likely to be based on the (also Suzuki-developed) 800cc twin cylinder diesel that is set to debut in the Celerio soon. The petrol cars will be powered by the K-Next series of engines, which will essentially be upgraded versions of the current K series.
All-new Sporty Maruti Suzuki Swift Set For 2015 - Overdrive

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: New Swift set to debut in India - 2015

The latest result of this trend is that the company is set to bring to India a sportier version of the Swift, the fourth generation of the car.
Along with the new engine, significant changes need to be done on the styling. Any cosmetically upgraded version would be hard to sell now for Swift. The 1.5L Swift is surely going to kill the market of VW Polo hands down. Reasons are pretty obvious.

I hope thay give a 2 door version of it in the sport trim.
Just like Zen Carbon? I don't think that Thailand kind of design would be placed here. The preset mindset of our's is, the car should have 4 doors irrespective of size and segment. So, compromising the 2 doors for sake of sportiness, I think is not a good idea. Perhaps this was also one reason for lesser sales of Zen Carbon earlier.

Regards

Akash

AMG

Suspended

I've asked for it only in the swift sport.

I didnt say launch it in all versions.

This is the second instance of you jumping the gun and replying to me without you reading my full post and understanding what I meant to say.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I've asked for it only in the swift sport.

I didnt say launch it in all versions.

This is the second instance of you jumping the gun and replying to me without you reading my full post and understanding what I meant to say.
Even I did not mean in all versions. My point is that a 2 door sports versions in India wont have many buyers reason being, it will actually not appeal to mass users. The manufacturing cost and much needed R&D shall not be of use since it wont record much sales.

I am not contradicting your view, I am bringing out the preset mindset of majority of the Indian car buyers. 8 years of experience with the brand is speaking here dear. I have been linked to Maruti as my family member is there in a Maruti's ASC and have vastly experienced their products.

Regards

Akash.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

Even I did not mean in all versions. My point is that a 2 door sports versions in India wont have many buyers reason being, it will actually not appeal to mass users. The manufacturing cost and much needed R&D shall not be of use since it wont record much sales.

I am not contradicting your view, I am bringing out the preset mindset of majority of the Indian car buyers. 8 years of experience with the brand is speaking here dear. I have been linked to Maruti as my family member is there in a Maruti's ASC and have vastly experienced their products.

Regards

Akash.

And your point is that a high performance turbo petrol will appeal to normal buyers?
See thats why I admire VW and Skoda.
Skoda for plonking a 1.6 petrol in their hatch and VW for bringing a 1.2 TSi DSG.

Now its for suzuki to move the boundries even forther and get a two door 150 BHP vehicle.

And it isnt going to take any special RnD.

Top Bottom