Originally Posted by vm2011
The new sedan will be based on the NXT GEN Swift and will be apremium offering. Will slot between the Dzire and Ciaz.
I am in a real fix over here. I can't relate my thoughts with that of Maruti. Following are my doubts on this "new" Compact Sedan:
1) The existing Dzire replicates the Swift and the next generation Swift too is not really different in terms of looks as compared to the present one. So, if this "new" "premium" car by Maruti replicates the new Swift then what's the difference as such in present Dzire and this new car?
2) The present Dzire itself is a sub-4 meter car, then on what basis will this new car be placed between Dzire and Ciaz?
3) Does having 2 sub-4 meter sedans make any sense? What about the sales then?
4) If another sub-4 meter sedan fills the gap between Dzire and Ciaz (if at all there is any gap there.) then it can't be a sub 4-meter car.
5) Is Maruti trying to enhance their portfolio just like Hyundai?
I am really unable to understand the logic!