*Rumour* Maruti's Another New Sub-4 Meter Sedan Coming

Thread Starter #1
Maruti the Auto leader in India is surely seeking ways to rettin their leadership in segments they already are and bringing new models/ revamp their models to re-enter segments that they have not been successful thus.
Now in the sub 4m segment it is known currently Dzire is ruling that from the time it was released.
With the above now there are ample news of a NEW SUB 4M car being developed by Maruti on the Celerio platform which will not replace Dzire but a segment lower.
It is clear that the Indian car market is raining compact sedans, with a number of auto makers going to pour in their new models. Moreover, Maruti’s closest rival, Hyundai Motor has already unveiled its Grand i10 based compact sedan, named the Xcent, which is going to have its market launch in a couple of months. Though the king of the sub-4 meter sedan segment is still the Maruti Swift Dzire, after facing constant stiff competition from Honda Amaze, it seems that Maruti does not want take any chances at the time of newer models advent.
The new Suzuki compact sedan has been spotted several times testing in China, which hints that the company is actually working on a compact sedan based on the newly launched Celerio
Suzuki will introduce the Celerio based compact sedan in early next year and very obviously, it will soon emerge in the Indian car market as well. In the Indian car market, the new sedan is expected to occupy the place below the more premium Swift Dzire compact sedan and thus, also will be priced more affordably as compared to the Dzire and may be even le With such an aggressive pricing strategy, the Celerio compact sedan would be the most affordable compact sedan on offer in the Indian car market.
This will also bridge the gap between the price for the hatchbacks and sedans, and this is expected to be a smashing hit in India.sser than the premium Swift hatchback
This sedan is speculated to start testing in India shortly.

The speculated Maruti Suzuki Celerio Compact Sedan could be a new game changer in the segment | Maruti Cars India

Re: *Rumour*Maruti's Another New sub 4m sedan Coming

Maruti is hell bent to prove it' s superiority in the Indian market.It will not allow Honda Amaze & Hyundai Xcent to enjoy success in the Compact sedan market

Akash1886

Honoured Member
From a reputed brand like Maruti, this was not expected at all. I fail to understand the rat race among the Indian auto brands to first take out a hatch back and then in a couple of months take out a hatchback based compact sedan without applying too much R&D and simply adding ill-designed boot. Was the present generation Dzire not enough?

Well here are a couple of renderings of the same.

Maruti-Suzuki-Celerio-based-compact-sedan-render-1.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki-Celerio-based-compact-sedan-render-2.jpg

This whole urge of a compact sedan came from TATA Indigo e-CS after that the others followed like a herd of sheep. Do you find the present Dzire good? I simply don't.

Also, Maruti is coming out with a new version of Dzire with same ugly boot and loaded with Chrome in the front. I fail to understand why do these brands complicate the market scenario and their portfolios at the same time!

Pic

Regards

Akash

yes an entry level compact sedan coming from maruti based on Celerio and TATA also working on another compact sedan code name kite sedan based on heavily redesigned version of TATA IndigoCS

Thread Starter #5
More info on this mysterious Sedan.
The new sedan will be based on the NXT GEN Swift and will be apremium offering. Will slot between the Dzire and Ciaz. The Car will be designed for a global offering , unlike the Dzire which was only for the Indian market.
The car will be powered by the same set of engines as the hatchback range of 2016 Swift, with an added automatic transmission option too
Maruti Readying A Swift-based Sedan For India - Overdrive

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The new sedan will be based on the NXT GEN Swift and will be apremium offering. Will slot between the Dzire and Ciaz.
I am in a real fix over here. I can't relate my thoughts with that of Maruti. Following are my doubts on this "new" Compact Sedan:

1) The existing Dzire replicates the Swift and the next generation Swift too is not really different in terms of looks as compared to the present one. So, if this "new" "premium" car by Maruti replicates the new Swift then what's the difference as such in present Dzire and this new car?

2) The present Dzire itself is a sub-4 meter car, then on what basis will this new car be placed between Dzire and Ciaz?

3) Does having 2 sub-4 meter sedans make any sense? What about the sales then?

4) If another sub-4 meter sedan fills the gap between Dzire and Ciaz (if at all there is any gap there.) then it can't be a sub 4-meter car.

5) Is Maruti trying to enhance their portfolio just like Hyundai?

I am really unable to understand the logic!

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom