Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Vs New Honda City, VW Vento, Fiat Linea & Ford Fiesta

Maruti Ciaz vs Competition

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki is going to launch yet another competitor to the highly competitive C Segment of Indian Car Market presently consisting of New Honda City, VW Vento, Ford Fiesta and the Fiat Linea in a month.

We all have been discussing on various angles and attributes of the Ciaz, Now lets have a comparative analysis of this car with the present competitors.

How well do you think Ciaz can handle the competition?

Please share your views.

Regards

Hi, while it would be interesting to compare the Ciaz, right now, most of this discussion would be academic, given that the car is not yet available for sale and has been previewed by a handful of mostly paid auto journalists.
The discussion would be relevant once it is launched .But to keep the spirit of your post, Ciaz is well designed from the exterior, comparable to all its others in terms of interiors and cabin features. The one area where it is just equal or weaker is in terms of power plant, particularly petrol engine, where it is the least powerful petrol car in its category along with the Manza Safire. And a joint 2nd last spot with Fiat Linea/Tata Manza in the diesel category. The last spot goes to Sunny/Scala- two cars which are ignored here. Although, I must say, if Linea MJD can perform well on a long run, I dont see why Ciaz cannot.
Build quality may be questionable, given the light weights mentioned, but then that attribute has never really affected the Indian customer mindset.
Will it hold up to a crash like so?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi, while it would be interesting to compare the Ciaz, right now, most of this discussion would be academic, given that the car is not yet available for sale and has been previewed by a handful of mostly paid auto journalists. The discussion would be relevant once it is launched
Ace, Thanks for the reply. You see, now the launch is just a mere formality since almost every angle has been discussed be it technical or aesthetic. Ciaz is a well designed package consisting of premium looks and safety features. The only thing that is to be seen is the sales figures in comparison to all the present competitors. But, with the initial response of Ciaz's bookings even sales don't appear to be an uphill task for it.

Secondly, this car is slated to be launched around the 2nd week of October, hence, festive season being near, the sales won't take a beating. After all its a Maruti and with a dud like Kizashi, Maruti has learnt how to project a particular product.

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
You forgot škoda rapid [lol] , Nissan sunny , Renault scala , Hyundai verna
Don't worry, It is not a wrong thing to compare Ciaz to cars mentioned by you. Ciaz can also be seen as a new contender which shall compete against the whole established and competitive C Segment in India.

Regards

You forgot škoda rapid [lol] , Nissan sunny , Renault scala , Hyundai verna
It has very strong competitors and all have near same price tags. No doubt Maruti has excellent service, now its just a matter of finishing, quality and performance. I'm very curious to see how it effects the Indian Market. If it points out these things, none can beat it!

My vote to Fiat Linea for its vault-like build, matured sedan looks, features list and super MJD diesel powerhouse. Interiors are very european and am always a die-hard fan of German and Italian and european cars in general.

Long live Fiat Linea.

Nobody voted for VW Vento[surprise]. ANHC, Ford and Vento are the only contenders who offer ~1.5 l (D) engines. Fiat has many features, BEST-IN-CLASS structural integrity but is underpowered by the puny 1.3 MJD in a heavy car. With lesser mileage. Wish they added a 1.6 MJD like in the SX4, but they won't will they. Vento is lesser on features, gives near-about the same build quality but has a great engine. ANHC is an all rounder, maybe build quality is not that good but safety is.
Ford Fiesta is made of what they call Boron Steel which is 4x stronger than normal steel, and lighter too. Even though I haven't seen any particular accident where Fiesta is in a better condition than others, let's accept what they say about boron steel. It has loads of features, and the 1.5 TDCi is good.

In the petrol shootout, Fiesta does not even take part. Petrol Vento has 1.2 TSI and 1.6 MPI, both deliver similar power/torque output. ANHC...Dunno about the Vtec. Ciaz will get the 1.4 K series engine, Vento's TSI is wayyyyy better than that. The 1.4 T-jet is better than VW's TSI, but most buyers will prefer the F.I.R.E. petrol. So, in the diesel market, the winner (IMO) is the Fiesta and in the petrol market, the T-jet 1.4 should be the winner. In case buyers prefer FIRE, TSI is the runner-up.

These views are mine only, nobody should take offence :please:
P.S. I voted for Linea

Well, my previous post had ignored City. Can anyone please throw some light on it, I do not know much about HC, and I cannot find their damn website. Moreover, my internet connection is slow.[frustration]

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well, my previous post had ignored City. Can anyone please throw some light on it, I do not know much about HC
Well, Honda City since 2009 has gone through 2 makeovers of which the recent one is the I-dtec. This is the 1st time ever Honda City has been launched with a diesel engine. Plus, it is one of the most sought after car for family and one of the most fuel efficient car in the present league. With the improved ground clearance, the ride quality of car has certainly improved since it won't be scrapping on breakers now.

For more check out Honda Car India.

Regards

Akash

Well, my previous post had ignored City. Can anyone please throw some light on it, I do not know much about HC, and I cannot find their damn website. Moreover, my internet connection is slow.[frustration]

Thanks.
In that case, I think you should test drive a i-Vtec or drive any relatives, friends car! The I-vtec is a gem of an engine... Probably one of the best petrol engines on offer in the country. After the 4000rpm, its a different animal altogether. Since, it is a Naturally aspirated engine, it doesn't have any lag like the T-jet and hence performs as an all rounder. If you read the reviews of 3rd gen City, many reviewers have praised the I-vtec and I think a large chunk of City's sales are because of this much famed engine as well.[:)]

Top Bottom