Toyota Innova 2014 Limited Edition Launched

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In an attempt to maintain the buzz among the recent hot launches (read Honda Mobilio), Toyota Kirloskar has decided to roll out the limited edition Innova 2014. The MUV will be available only in Diesel variant priced from Rs.12,90,947 – Rs 13,00,710 (Ex-showroom, Delhi) with seating configuration of 7 or 8 as well as option to pick either Euro-III or Euro-IV model. Note that only 1500 units will be manufactured and sold between September – November 2014.

Following are the features exclusive to Toyota Innova 2014 Limited Edition:

> Limited Edition Badge

> Exterior Body Graphics

> ABS and driver side airbag

> Bronze Mica Metallic Exterior Color

> Headlamps and taillamps chrome garnishing

> Dual tone fabric seat and colour co-ordinated door trims

> Touchscreen audio setup with remote (DVD / CD / USB / Aux / Bluetooth Compatible)

Note: An optional accessories package is available in certain cities where Innova 2014 Limited Edition is not sale.

More: Toyota Launches Innova 2014 Special Edition - The Automotive India

Toyota Innova Limited Edition Front.png

Toyota Innova Limited Edition Rear.png

Toyota Innova Limited Edition Interiors.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

whatever is made available in Limited edition can be easily imitated by local car accessory shops in tertiary level cities. Very cheap attempt on part of Toyota. Toyota Innova is already money bag for Toyota Kirlosker at sky rocket price. They could have really given more features like navigation / reverse camera / TPMS / chiller tray / headrests screens etc etc, to be remembered lifetime by Limited edition purchasers.

Raj whatever we say still innova sells well and would no matter how much higher their pricing is or is not a VFM product.
They should have made a better attempt to give a limited edition variant rather then this stickers and chrome garnishing things all over.

Raj whatever we say still innova sells well and would no matter how much higher their pricing is or is not a VFM product.
They should have made a better attempt to give a limited edition variant rather then this stickers and chrome garnishing things all over.
That is what I am frustrated about.

It does not have the best engine.
It does not have the best interiors.
It does not have a good feature list.
It is not the most safest vehicle in that segment.

All it has in it's favour is space and the 'T' badge. This vehicle is simply not worth the asking price.

Guys whatever you say Innova sells and will sell like hot cake. The reason, there is not a single competitor against INNOVA and Toyota very much knows that. So they can do all the experiments with Innova and still people will buy it coz there is no other option.

Guys whatever you say Innova sells and will sell like hot cake. The reason, there is not a single competitor against INNOVA and Toyota very much knows that. So they can do all the experiments with Innova and still people will buy it coz there is no other option.
To each his own!

I just think there are better options out there and I even bought one!

My choice in that segment is in this particular order -

* XUV
* Storme
* Scorpio
* Aria
* Xylo (considering how much cheaper it is)
* Innova
* Ertiga

To each his own!

* XUV
* Storme
* Scorpio
* Aria
* Innova
* Ertiga
If you are particular about VFM, yes your preference is ok. But my friend when somebody is ready to spend 15+L his preference will be reliability, premiumness, peace of mind and of course brand value. No doubt in features department Innova looks naked compared to XUV or Aria. Still Innova interior looks premium compared to XUV / Aria.

IMHO comparing Innova with scorpio / Xylo /Ertiga is like comparing apple to orange.

To each his own!

* XUV
* Storme
* Scorpio
* Aria
* Innova
* Ertiga
My Dear, how come you forget Rexton in this list. I know rexton is in competition of Toyota Fortuner, but still I wish Rexton to be in this list, above , below, midway, anywhere [:D]

What ? Touchscreen AVN for an Airport pickup taxi ?? Maybe to calculate the route/fare details.[lol]

If you are particular about VFM, yes your preference is ok. But my friend when somebody is ready to spend 15+L his preference will be reliability, premiumness, peace of mind and of course brand value. No doubt in features department Innova looks naked compared to XUV or Aria. Still Innova interior looks premium compared to XUV / Aria.

IMHO comparing Innova with scorpio / Xylo /Ertiga is like comparing apple to orange.
All of the vehicles listed above are not "unreliable" vehicles. Reliability of Innova is harped over & over again in this forum, so no debates on that.

I find Innova's interiors very bland compared to the Aria & XUV. In fact, the Innova has hard plastics all over the cabin. Even the arm rests do not get soft touch materials.

Forget the integrated touch screen units of the XUV & Aria, all the Innova gets is a head unit which looks aftermarket & cheap.

My Dear, how come you forget Rexton in this list. I know rexton is in competition of Toyota Fortuner, but still I wish Rexton to be in this list, above , below, midway, anywhere [:D]
[:)]

It is totally in a different price league & hence I did not compare the Rexton to these vehicles.

Come on Toyota, why did you work so hard on this limited edition Innova?

Innova sells well and is still one of the most preferred MUV, then why does Toyota need to bring a new edition which is no way worth the extra price.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Come on Toyota, why did you work so hard on this limited edition Innova? Innova sells well and is still one of the most preferred MUV, then why does Toyota need to bring a new edition which is no way worth the extra price.
Akash, look there is immense competition among the car brands that exist in our country so no matter what it takes but every brand tries to stay in the market and create it's brand-recall value in the customer base.

Not only Toyota but established brands like Maruti and Hyundai have fallen prey to this gimmick. Having been worked for a Toyota ASC in Delhi in the marketing department, I have seen all these gimmicks rather closely. It is just to lure the customers.

Also, just think for a while, when you visit to a car showroom, you curiously go and check out the accessories section too, right?

Now, these car brands do not earn much on accessories as people don't buy them. So just they search their sales figures and out of nowhere comes out another limited edition with no real value addition and just some over the top accessories which are provided as a kit to the dealer and then it is all placed in the showroom itself.

Always remember, In any limited edition, you will see most of the added accessories to have been fixed by showroom staff itself and only 20-30% of accessories on a limited edition are fixed by OEM.

This is my experience over the years Akash. Hope its useful in context of the readers here.

Regards

Last edited:
Akash, look there is immense competition among the car brands that exist in our country so no matter what it takes but every brand tries to stay in the market and create it's brand-recall value in the customer base.
Well, by hard work, I meant sarcasm. I certainly never appreciate any manufacturer coming up with limited editions in which the features are limited to some extra badging, stickers, or a spoiler. If they really want to do the real marketing, I would say provide a limited edition car when you offer safety equipment on basic models (and yeah most of the people would be willing to buy it), maybe a sports edition which has tweaks like a sports kit with bit of fine tuning and offer it at a bit higher price, only then these so called editions would be worth it. I have seen that with most of these models, the value that you pay extra is never worth it. So why fool around with these marketing gimmicks when the company can really do something sensible. Go around, do a survey, I am sure no one would vote for a sticker-ed Innova as a limited edition.

As for the points mentioned by you, appreciate the experience shared with us. Being a Innova owner, I hugely love them for the Toyota reliability.

Top Bottom