Heared prices will be same as before. No change in price. If it is the case, the only performer LX will become dead meat.
TATA, you have very good people with respect to creating product. But who is defining the product strategy. Atleast openly learn from others.
Two major issues
1. Good product & Bad strategy & Bad marketting - Company problem
2. Service - To some extend company also responsible for this.
As per Ranjit Yadav, you are giving many options based on customers feed back. Please understand the mass market mentality.
They want your product in lesser priced with more features. ( Vice versa is happening with your case).
Already you have skeleton when compared with your recent market offerings.
If you want to give more options to customers, then a bit of advice.
1. Your bare skeleton - LX(B1) - Give some detuned engine where you can attract some tax benefit wrt govt norms - 7.99 to 8.5
2. Bare skeleton + 4wd - Give option for this. - Rs. 9.99 range
3. LX (B2) + ABS
+ Disk Brakes - Varicor - 148 BHP- 9.99 laks.
4. LX(B2) + 4WD - 10.5 Lacks
5. EX - Driver side Airbad - 10.5L
6. EX+ - 2 Airbags - 10.7L (Single airbag and corresponding module will not cost more than $200)
7. EX - 4wd - 11.2L
8. EX+ 4wd - 11.5 L
9. VX - ABS
+ESP+2 Airbad - 12.5 L
10. VX+ - VX+4airbag - 13L
11. VX 4X4 - get it at 13.5 L.
If i am gettting many options, then things are fine. Not what you are offering. I didnt ask about many electronic aids here. Basic things which are required for 2+ton SUV.
I am very much disappointed.
PS: However my heart won. Now i am a owner of STORME VX. Tata this is your strength.