This new will surely not be believable to your ears, but it is true!
Maruti is no more the most fuel efficient car in India!
Maruti, which has topped always in all the parameters, including topping the JD Power surveys, has been beaten in it’s own turf. All the multinational companies including our own Indian multinational, TATA Motors, has kicked Maruti out the top 10 list. TATA, which has been beaten black and blue on the sales front at least has a reason to smile because it has 4 cars in the top 10 list! This is followed by Honda and Hyundai with 2 cars each. Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota have one spot each.
TATA motors can have more cars to occupy the top 10 as the Revotron powered BOLT/ZEST and Diesel powered Nano and the AMT as well as Turbocharged Nano too might barge into this list.
Many more companies are planning more launches and will soon to barge into the top 10 list. Now we have to watch out for more news from Maruti.
IAB Picks – Top 10 fuel efficient cars in India has a Ford but no Maruti |
Here is a list of the Top 10 fuel efficient cars in India, based on their ARAI-rated economy claims. Note that only petrol and diesel passenger cars were included for this story.
1. 2014 Honda City Diesel – 26 kmpl
2. Honda Amaze Diesel – 25.8 kmpl
3. Chevrolet Beat Diesel – 25.44 kmpl
4. Tata Nano Twist – 25.40 kmpl
5. 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift – 25.01 kmpl
6. Tata Indigo eCS/Tata Indica CR4 – 25.0 kmpl
7. Tata Nano – 25.0 kmpl
8. Hyundai Xcent Diesel – 24.4 kmpl
9. Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel – 24 kmpl
10. Toyota Etios Diesel variants – 23.59 kmpl
Source : Indianautosblog