Dacia Duster 2-Door Pick-Up: India Bound?

Thread Starter #1
A pre-production prototype for the first-ever Duster Pick-up model and has been spied on tests. It's a 2-door model that's kept most of its body panels and ditched the whole passenger cell from the B-pillars back.
Recent reports coming from Brazil state the Duster Pick-up will be sold there as well in early 2015. Other emerging markets like India and South Africa could soon follow, but it's not all good news for the Dacia brand. The main factory in Romania is running at full capacity and will not be able to assemble another model.
Dacia-Duster-pick-up-2.jpg
Dacia-Duster-pick-up-1.jpg
Dacia-Duster-pick-up-3.jpg
Although the small truck has adopted unpainted bumpers, which are cheaper to make, it retained the chrome front grille of a Duster facelift. The fact that it looks production-ready indicates the official debut will take place at the Paris Motor Show, home turf for parent company Renault.

Dacia Duster 2-Door Pick-up Prototype Spied in Romania

Last edited:
Although it looks cool, I am sure Renault would never launch the pickup in India for the sole reason that it would spoil the brand image of Renault duster thereby leading to possible impact on the sales. With increasing competition in compact suv segment, no manufacturer would like to take such a risk.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Renault Duster based pick-up truck launch confirmed for 2019

renault-duster-pickup-launch-india-price-4.jpg

In a recent media interaction, Hakim Boutehra, head of Renault Commercial Vehicles Romania, has confirmed that a pickup version of the second generation Dacia Duster (Renault Duster in India and South American markets) is currently in the works. Unlike the lifestyle oriented Renault Duster Oroch (sold exclusively in South American markets) which was based on the previous gen crossover, the new gen pickup will be more utilitarian.

renault-duster-pickup-launch-india-price-8.jpg

renault-duster-pickup-launch-india-price-9-700x430.jpg

renault-duster-pickup-launch-india-price-3-700x430.jpg

Read:

I really doubt if this would be launched in India. I see two problems with it, which would make it unpopular
1. 2 Doors
2. Pickup truck
Unless this is a hardcore off-roader which may compete with the D-Max, I don't think this would find a market in India. In India, we do have a market for pickup trucks in the commercial segment, but it hasn't found its ground among private buyers who would buy it as a lifestyle vehicle.

Top Bottom