Tata Bolt vs Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW Polo vs Fiat Punto vs Nissan Micra

MS Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW POLO vs FIAT Punto vs Nissan Micra vs TATA BOLT

• Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Hyundai Elite i20

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Tata Bolt

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • Volkswagen Polo

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Fiat Punto

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Nissan Micra

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
The car and automobile industry has been rapidly growing since the dawn of the 21st century as businesses arise and the need for quick and easy personal private transportation increases. All these changes and rise and fall in the economy lead to the automobile industry being one of the biggest sectors of economy in the world. India is a hub for several automobile manufacturers which manufacture several small and big hatchback cars which are substantially gaining more and more importance in the lives of the common people looking for quick transportation methods in an affordable manner.

So lets have look at on these Premium Hatchback's by comparing various sectors in them.

Maruti SWIFT

0_468_700_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140715075948_swift.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20

0_468_700_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140811082503_IMG_9137.JPG

VOLKS WAGON POLO

0_468_700_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140715073844_polo2.jpg

FIAT Punto

0_468_700_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140806093944_newfront.jpg

Nissan Micra

0_468_700_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140715074343_micrax.jpg

TATA BOLT

Tata-Bolt-Hatchback-2.jpg

Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW POLO vs FIAT Punto vs Nissan Micra vs TATA BOLT

Voted for Bolt because of the following points over its competetion:

1) Fresh new looks
2) Indian-ness
3) Ergonomic and a cabin cocooned in premiumness
4) Feature rich Harman touch screen, and speakers
5) Premium dash and fresh looks of the dash
6) Ride and Handling (to be as its elder brother zest)
7) Easy to maintain
8) Fiat's Multijet engine - the world acclaimed engine
9) More fuel efficient (as a smaller cc engine when compared to VW polo)
10) Availablilty of the service network even in smaller towns as against only in metro cities.
11) Thicker section rubber when compared to the competetion for superior road grip
12) The stance looks good becoz of the Thicker section rubber as against many of its competetion.
13) More european-ness in the design elements as compared to its korean and japanese cars.
14) Will be priced farely (unlike paying a hefty brand image fares like German cars).

But looks wise I love VW Polo among all, ever.

More points later...

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW Polo vs Fiat Punto vs Nissan Micra vs Tata Bolt

My tie is in between the i20 and Bolt. But it's too early to vote until the Bolt is launched.

Hyundais always have a typical defect. The steering wheels is always too vague and over soft. The gear box too is not as smooth.

As i expect the Bolt to drive almost identical to the Zest, I'll vote after reading the test drive report of the i20. Till then will hold my horses.

Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW Polo vs Fiat Punto vs Nissan Micra vs Tata Bolt

Why hasn't the Jazz been included ?. If it's not yet launched then how come Tata Bolt has been included when its launching next year ?

Thread Starter #5

Why hasn't the Jazz been included ?. If it's not yet launched then how come Tata Bolt has been included when its launching next year ?
TATA Bolt will be launch around september to october possibly but honda jazz not yet conformed so thats the main reason

Thread Starter #6
Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i20 vs VW POLO vs FIAT Punto vs Nissan Micra vs TATA BOLT

Voted for Bolt because of the following points over its competetion:

1) Fresh new looks
2) Indian-ness
3) Ergonomic and a cabin cocooned in premiumness
4) Feature rich Harman touch screen, and speakers
5) Premium dash and fresh looks of the dash
6) Ride and Handling (to be as its elder brother zest)
7) Easy to maintain
8) Fiat's Multijet engine - the world acclaimed engine
9) More fuel efficient (as a smaller cc engine when compared to VW polo)
10) Availablilty of the service network even in smaller towns as against only in metro cities.
11) Thicker section rubber when compared to the competetion for superior road grip
12) The stance looks good becoz of the Thicker section rubber as against many of its competetion.
13) More european-ness in the design elements as compared to its korean and japanese cars.
14) Will be priced farely (unlike paying a hefty brand image fares like German cars).

But looks wise I love VW Polo among all, ever.

More points later...
well said [clap]

Although I should be really partial to the Micra here since I have the CVT version, but purely on visual appeal- the front looks of the I20 Elite are just exquisite. It exudes that understated premiumness ala Audi designs. Sorry Fiat (my other favorite), but you just put on too much makeup on the Punto.

The Swift looks dated, Micra looks utilitarian and Polo/Bolt look a bit underwhelming.

I am thoroughly disappointed with both Hyundai and Fiat for not bringing in newer powerplants on their cars. I hope the I20 external build quality is also as solid as a Fiat..

Last edited:

I hope the I20 external build quality is also as solid as a Fiat..
Now, this point has never been proved with any of the Hyundai cars. Hyundai can never compete and equate with the build quality of Italians or the european models as such [lol]. Fiats build is one of the biggest USPs of the brand.

Anyways thats in a good hope for you, that one day Hyundai may equate in build quality to the european build quality standards.

Does this poll have any credibility considering the fact that it is highly unlikely that any voter would have actually driven all the cars? Or is it going to be based on opinions gathered from looking at pictures?

Now, this point has never been proved with any of the Hyundai cars. Hyundai can never compete and equate with the build quality of Italians or the european models as such [lol]. Fiats build is one of the biggest USPs of the brand.

Anyways thats in a good hope for you, that one day Hyundai may equate in build quality to the european build quality standards.
I would like to point out that my Hyundai Santro, though seemingly fragile, was quite robust .It weathered all kinds of roads (and no roads-particularly in Konkan) and stayed taut. No rattles whatsoever. This was a 2003 model, of course. I am not sure about later model experiences with Hyundai cars. In contrast, my Dzire started rattling on the LHS within 3 months of ownership.

A little OTT, but the other day, I saw a yellow VW Beetle in the busy Pune city traffic while coming back from office. And BOY, what a street presence this car has!. The sheer heft of the build quality made the Indica/Vistas, Swifts, I10s/20s, even C-class sedans like Vento look like tin-cans.
One can see the difference just so immediately between truly international class cars and made-for-India tinpots.

Attachments

I would like to point out that my Hyundai Santro, though seemingly fragile, was quite robust .It weathered all kinds of roads (and no roads-particularly in Konkan) and stayed taut. No rattles whatsoever. This was a 2003 model, of course. I am not sure about later model experiences with Hyundai cars. In contrast, my Dzire started rattling on the LHS within 3 months of ownership.
Thats only a small part of the word BUILD. Just 'knock' your Hyundai Santro's outer shell on any place and in comparision knock the outer shell of any european cars like Fiat or VW and for that instance our Indian made cars (either one is made tough Tata & Mahindra) and tell me which one sounds toughly built. The kind of thud sound euro cars make is just awesome. Now thats called the build!

Anyways that kind of reliability what you were speaking above is there im my 2006 Tata Indica Turbo I never slowdown on any bad sections and cruise it over them at a good speed. Even on the humps and potholes. It too is a sturdy & tough car. But anyways lot of technology is progressed even in the build processes, now we can't just simply use our outdated Santros and Indicas in comparision with newly built cars.

Thats only a small part of the word BUILD. Just 'knock' your Hyundai Santro's outer shell on any place and in comparision knock the outer shell of any european cars like Fiat or VW
That thud you are talking about, I hear it atleast twice a day on a daily basis. You know why ? Cuz I own a Linea T Jet.
Along with which I also have a Micra-CVT, and previously owned Dzire (2008 version) , Nano and Santro while in India.
The doors of my Micra feels more solid compared to the Dzire - BUT the Dzire I felt, had a particularly strong front section. The boot was a complete tin-box though.
And the rattles..well.
As far as Nano goes, I have to say I was impressed with its ability to handle bad roads without suffering any damage to its tiny underpinnings. It was not a toy car by any stretch of imagination. A well beefed up (for Euro compliance) Nano would have been a runaway hit in Europe.
To stick to my point, perhaps only the Linea comes somewhat close to exuding that high build quality that I described in the VW Beetle. The next one that perhaps feels equally good is the Renault Fluence and the Jetta.

Top Bottom