High-End Sports Car: A New Trend For Rich Indians?

Thread Starter #1
Rich Indian’s taste for high end luxury cars goes back to pre-independence era. We have heard many stories of Royals owning coveted Rolls Royce cars across India. This trend continued and still exists.
But in recent years, the new trend has started i.e to own a high end sports car which are mainly performance oriented and are not really considered as a chauffeur driven. Aston Martin, Lamborghini are already into the market and now Fiat has announced the plan to get the Maserati brand in India to gain some market share. We have the DC brand in India who also has planned to introduce first even Indian luxury sports car ‘Avanti’ which has already generated lot of buzz.
We have now many young entrepreneurs who have businesses in millions and billions and surely they are interested to try their hands on these speed beauties. These cars run on high octane and thus government has applied lot of taxes on it. But this hardly will stop enthusiasts to purchase these cars.
But the real question is, are they safe to run on Indian roads? Neither we have proper infrastructure (good roads) nor do these companies have proper service centers in India. I have seen many such cars flat bedded and tucked away on Mumbai-Pune highway on regular basis So why this fascism to own such cars if they are not suited here? [thinking]

350Z

Core Team
But the real question is, are they safe to run on Indian roads? Neither we have proper infrastructure (good roads) nor do these companies have proper service centers in India. I have seen many such cars flat bedded and tucked away on Mumbai-Pune highway on regular basis So why this fascism to own such cars if they are not suited here?
India is an emerging market and the increasing purchasing power of customers is a good sign for the auto industry. The models in question are more of leisure cars for the driving enthusiasts instead of everyday tourers (even though some of them can be used as one). That said; You'll seldom find their owners driving these machines on the potholed roads of cities on regular basis (Ouch that'd be so cruel). The selected few who can afford them certainly have enough moolah to rent a track for weekend as well. Personally I know a few such owners who have formed a local group and do exactly the same at BIC. In this manner, the cost is shared and they're able to enjoy their machines at fullest that too in a totally legal way.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Well thats good explanation, but I hope these guys run those machines only on circuits and not on our roads and put other Indians at risk [:)]
Between, i believe unlike other imported luxury sports car, DC Avanti will be engineered to suit Indian infrastructure.

350Z

Core Team
Well thats good explanation, but I hope these guys run those machines only on circuits and not on our roads and put other Indians at risk
Quite unfortunately there's a chunk of car drivers in India (not just limited to high-end cars) who have more money than brains. It's often we read about supercar / bike crashing on streets or ramming over people and I'm not surprised that mostly it's either a spoiled brat or chauffeur enjoying on someone else's money. There's a huge difference between "getting" something and "earning" something. Those who "earn" things also truly understand the value of treating them well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom