Ertiga Or Mobilio ?

• Honda Mobilio Diesel

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Maruti Ertiga Diesel

Votes: 66 71.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi

Honda have announced price for Mobilio & now most of us also know the technical details of mobilio. As i already own Ertiga so i may have some soft corner for Ertiga but i want to know your view on both of these cars as one of my friend have to buy 1 out of these two & even i am not sure which is good out of two.

Re: Ertiga Or Mobilio ? plz give your vote & reason to choice.

petrol version: Honda i v tech has an edge. but it's pricey

diesel version: it's ertiga all the way. the fiat engine is unmatched by honda diesel.

Something had gone terribly wrong with pricing of Honda products. This one is a good example. Hoping for Jaaz now!

Thread Starter #5

Something had gone terribly wrong with pricing of Honda products. This one is a good example. Hoping for Jaaz now!
Agree with you as amaze have same engine & platform & have less price as compare to Dzire but i didn't figure out anything that they have added in Mobilio that make it 1L more expensive as compare to Ertiga. [surprise]

Mobilio for me. I hate the lag in the ertiga. Sorry no offence but it irritates me in the city.
Cost cuttings are visible in the mobilio but they can be altered sooner or later. But the engine and space. Can that be altered ?
We know what honda cars are known for

AMG

Suspended

Neither.

Chevy Enjoy/Mahindra Xylo any day.

Enjoy if budget is a concern and if I need Petrol.

Xylo for diesel.

Voted for Mobilio, Variant to Variant, it is slighty more loaded and expensive. But it has better engines, dynamics. Boot space is good. Ertiga might be more premium and may have better Seats, but As an overall driving package, i will choose Mobilio. I also like its looks.

Between these two 2 my vote is for Ertiga. The only thing that Maruti needs to provide in ertiga is last row 50:50 split seat. Presently it is quiet inflexible in terms of carrying luggage.
Recently we 8 adults drove upto top of Sinhagad in Ertiga. It was cramped but it easily pulled till top. I was not driving but I did not feel the power to be inadequate for steep inclines, ofcourse the AC had to switched off!
Mobilio is very pricey and instead of mobilio we could spend a little more and go into one segment above.

Last edited:
Ah! Just the thread I was expecting for!
My vote: Ertiga anyday!
I don't look for outright performance or dynamics. My requirements are a perfect mix of all the necessary good factors like good highway cruising, efficiency, VFM, comfort, quality, decent space, decent safety, easy maintenance and the essential feel-good factor that makes it worth the money.
The LUV anyday provides all these as a near-perfect package, which the Mobilio can never match. Although I have not yet driven the Mobilio, going by the comments and criticism, what is the use of all the extra power when you are not so comfortable in the car?
As the wholesome package in the UV segment, the LUV is the one to beat yet.

I am already paying 12L + for mobilio do I need to spend more to alter what they cost cut [cry]. A simple alter I did removed utility box from boot in ertiga more storage now. I TD mobilio yesterday.I felt i-vtech is better refined than VVT. But DDIS was better than dream earth. The seats were too thin. I couldn't come out from third row. I felt the extra room in mobilio is due to thin seats. The seats were fixed and don't slide like ertiga. Roof AC had only 3 outlets but ertiga had 4. I felt mobilio doors were heavy and ladies will find hard to open from inside. Ertiga has better 3rd row seats. I felt like sitting on floor in mobilio. I think Honda should have priced equal to Ertiga to put down its sales.

Ertiga would be my pick against mobilio any given day!! I personally feel ertiga looks much better than mobilio and gives you more of a sedan feel while driving. And for some reason mobilios dash with faux wood trims look too cheap to me. Again just my personal opinion, No offence!!

Being Indian nothing beats VFM proportion.
Ertiga:
Fiat Engine
Better first and second row seats
slightly higher sitting postion
Mobilio
Though slightly unrefined very good engine
More space in Mobilio cant be puposefully used due to low sitting position
Back seat is biggest joke of year,

Mobillo is terribly overpriced with out any significant upper hand compared to Ertiga

I voted for mobilio because of its affordable pricing, cleaner dashboard, comfortable seats, world class fiat powerhouse, and the cleaner looks.

OTOH, mobilio is overdone by Honda.

Faux wood trim is just an optional accessory now Nirvaanji.
Checked out Mobilio today with Sai Shibu.
As soon as we entered, Shibu blurted out that I am an Ertiga owner. [frustration]
So each and every point, the sales guy was asking me comments about Ertiga.
Interior space and practicality: Space better than Ertiga obviously, but still, getting in and out of the 3rd row is very hard for people over 5'8" tall because of the very low roof. 2nd row is spacious, but still Ertiga has longer sliding seats. Also, Sliding 2nd row seats are available only on top-end Mobilio! One big area where the Mobilio loses out to the Ertiga is the luggage flexibility and "making you car, a home" abilities. Obviously the boot space with all seats upright is better than Ertiga and the 3rd row seatbacks can be folded as 50:50 split. But it folds as a whole unit though. Also there is no flat folding seats, so convenience is affected. Worse is, the 2nd row shouldn't be folded away while driving because there is no latch or strap to hold it in place. So, you have to make more trips than Ertiga if you are shifting your house. The max boot space is limited to the claimed 800 litres (till roof) only and cannot be expanded to around 1500 litres (till roof) like the Ertiga. So, Kinkyji couldn't have been able to shift his house as conveniently with the Mobilio. [;)] The Ertiga has a very flat loading area and even the 2nd row can be folded flat to load as much luggage you want. Also, that very special bed you get to relax on, after you fold the seats in the Ertiga, is the perfect camping area. (I have slept)[:D]
Quality: First impression is that the dashboard is seriously a downer for an MPV like this. Build and strength seems to be at par with Ertiga, but Plastic quality is a bit better than Ertiga. The doors feel lighter than Ertiga for me. All the cost cut bits you might have noticed in Team BHP reviews media car have been covered up and hidden using plastics. Some bits like the roof AC blower speed regulator are extremely flimsy. I found the gear lever to be ugly like a thin rod with a ball tip. All buttons on dash are good quality. The Mobilio doors don't shut with the quality feeling "thunk" of the Ertiga.
Comfort and Safety: I was shocked to see wafer-thin seats on this MPV, like the Brio and Amaze! I can't comment about driver seat comfort as it was wrapped with plastic sheet and I couldn't feel it enough. Driving position was good though, just like Amaze. 2nd row was comfy enough, but very narrow. Seats very flat with a weird armrest. The armrest design, although corrected now than the media drive cars, is still awkward as it slopes down if you keep the seats upright. 3rd row has surprisingly good space. But absolutely NO thigh support! Getting in and out of 3rd row is really a nightmare though! Reclining 3rd row seats are a good feature though.
Safety features are exactly similar to Ertiga except the petrol variants. ABS available in all diesel variants and airbags on top-end variant only. In petrol Mobilio, ABS also only on top-end variant, whereas Ertiga VXi has it optional.
Price: Now comes the bomb! The sales rep brought the pricelist and I got shocked to hell by seeing 13 lacs on road! I couldn't understand why price this car so much, given the Ertiga is much better and cheaper by 3 lacs! I asked the reason and the sales person says, "Bigger engine, better quality and premium brand image". I said, "I will come back later, do TD and comment about the performance". He started asking me about Ertiga's performance and comparing both car's specs. I said that Ertiga's highway performance is fantastic and I will say about this new engine only after I TD it.
My verdict: Although better space and "seemingly" more flexible, the Mobilio loses out to the Ertiga in terms of comfort, price, VFM, build satisfaction and cost efficiency (Design also I feel Ertiga is elegant and cleaner. The rear of Mobilio looks good though).

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom