Volkswagen's Polo is Hottest Hatchback in India!

Thread Starter #1
With fresh releases of Polo and Punto the chatchbacks are again being compared. Ofcourse the market leader in this segemnt the Swift will complete the trio in comparison.
The 90 HP version of the Punto Evo head on against the Swift ZDi and Polo 1.5 TDI.
Motorbeam reviews the three hatchbacks and here is their verdict,
Styling: Punto
Interiors: Punto (+ spacewise)
Performance : Polo
Swift-vs-Polo-1_5-vs-Punto-Evo-0-100-Timing.jpg
Drive Dynamics: Polo - overall balance between ride, handling and braking, the Polo emerges out on top, German perfection is easily felt when you take to the wheel of the Polo.
Verdict : Polo 1.5TDI

Worth noting the Polo 1.5GT TDI is due for release in September, keeping that in mind it would be safe to say Polo would reamin the Hottest hatch in 2014.

Fiat Punto Evo vs Volkswagen Polo 1.5 vs Maruti Swift – Shootout | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Thread Starter #2
ACI drives and gives verdict on Punto Evo Vs Polo 1.5TDI

The Polo doesn’t look too different from the older car, it’s the changes under the skin that make it so much better. The all-new 1.5 diesel motor is responsive, powerful, refined and makes it much better. In addition, the class-leading cabin quality makes this car look and feel more expensive. This is a car you don’t need to make excuses for anymore. All told, the Italian flair is hard to ignore but finally, it’s German precision, diligence and overall performance that win the day.
Fiat Punto Evo vs Volkswagen Polo TDI comparison | Car News | Premium hatchbacks | Autocar India

Polo looks hot,but the handling is no where near Punto.Even Swift is a better handler.The clutch is on the heavier side with the Polo.For me Polo in TSI is a hot hatch.Hope Maruti brings the Swift sport with the 138 bhp petrol engine albeit in limited numbers!Only if wishes were horses...

Polo looks hot,but the handling is no where near Punto.Even Swift is a better handler.The clutch is on the heavier side with the Polo.For me Polo in TSI is a hot hatch.Hope Maruti brings the Swift sport with the 138 bhp petrol engine albeit in limited numbers!Only if wishes were horses...
In my opinion, punto might be good in handling but not the swift. Its good in handling but not upto polo and punto in terms of the stability. Punto is good to drive, but the gear shifts and the quality of the interior are not good. When the quality, suspension , handling, cornering abilities, gear box are taken into account then its the new VW Polo GT twins and VW Polo 1.5 TDi are the machines one should check out when you are in the market for a hatch back.

I request whoever is looking to buy a new car to test drive a Maruti and when you decide to not buy it, make it very clear to the sales guy that you are doing so because of their dismissive attitude towards safety. A feedback about prospective sales getting jeopardized will hopefully open the eyes of Maruti's management.

Polo is sure a Hot-hatch but where is the Palio GTX 1.6 and Chevy SRV 1.8 Supercharged or the 2.0 Turbo-Diesel ? These are well known cars for enthusiasists.They can easily kill the polo.

IMHO, looks wise and equipment list, Hyundai i20 elite is the right choice for this #tagline!
But once when all new skoda fabia launches here, there is simply no competition!

Top Bottom