Cost cutting / cost reduction is one of the key focus across OEMs now. Out of which few (sometimes many) leaves the customer with a big dissatisfaction. Worst part is the feature deletion. Feature itself is available in the system / vehicle and only the communication channel is deleted, on seeing which I feel like killing the one who proposed this idea and who implemented it
To list a few,
1) AUX facility is available in 1st gen Civic (I mean the 1st gen for India sales) & Linea but the OEMs didn't provide a cable that worth few bucks. Customer paying 10L+ hesitate paying those few additional bucks?
2) Lot of MID features were available in Chevy Beat which the customer couldn't enjoy just because of the absence of a simple push button switch
3) Linea's ECU had Cruise control feature, and adding few wires and the control stack could do wonders
4) Fixed head rests
5) Spare key being a conventional key (without remote control)
6) Spare wheel being steel wheel / under sized (I have seen few cases the spare wheel lost their life without being used. If it is alloy + same size, wheel rotation could have helped)
What else? Please do add your views.