Before posting, from the business point of view i see cost cutting is one of the key parts in business to lessen the expenses and the price of the car, by heart i really hate this and as Mr Boss said i'll be the first person to
that fellow who gives ideas on cutting costs on the important features.
Originally Posted by anshuman8
One more - No left door keyhole in Alto 800 (pre 2014 models).
Even the previous generation missed this feature. Quite painful if you don't have central locking system.
Originally Posted by Surfer
Typical maruti-suzuki in Lx and Lxi varients
1. No left mirror
2. No rear wiper
3. No fog lamps
4. No auto lock
5. No power steering (alto & omni)
All the features are actually the standard feature in top end trims only. Alto Lxi had power steering.
Originally Posted by Tornado
where is the cost cut? In fact it is a safety feature.
It is a cost cutting feature as there is no need for extend wiring and prevents in designing separately for speedometers in the dashboard. You have to see the speedometer in etios and liva, i definitely don't want those to come in any future cars.
The most embarrassing cost cutting feature seen in maruti cars is switching to digital fuel gauges and omission of temperature gauges, the digital fuel meter doesn't show accurate readings and the company has shamelessly mentioned in the manual that it's normal when the car is uphill or downhill.
Omitting tachometers in lower variants has become a huge practice over many brands.
I have some positives and negatives about my chevrolet Enjoy, since i had purchased base model, there are somethings which has made its way winning the cost cutting department, but most of the essentials are present which has not disappointed me in my ownership. Few things that i found the worse cost cutting feature:
1) No internally adjustable ORVMS, yea you gotta open your window and set the windows right where you'll loose cooling effects.
2) The door pockets given in my car is totally waste, i don't read any magazines at car, nor the usual occupants in my car do, because of the small size, it eats up some legroom if three people sits and quite uncomfortable at those moments.
3) The wheel nuts are of normal type which isn't rounded but like a normal bolt found in today's cars, when seen time from near distance they look cheap.
4) The jack rod is small and are divided into two parts which feels of very light quality and feels like it's going to break anytime soon.
There are some good bits found in my car that i have tachometer, all the power window switches are illuminated(these are not found in dezire ZDI too), day/night IRVM etc.