Volkswagen Vento Facelift Launched (Now With 1.5 TDi)

Thread Starter #1
Keeping inline with the just released Ploo, VW is expected tol launch the Vento refresh in September 2014.
Here is what you can expect,
1. It would get re-profile headlight , a muscular new front bumper with a chrome highlights.The rear will get a stylish new bumper and the tail lamps will also get some tweaking.
2. The cabin made more airy than before, using new fabric and upholstery combinations. The dashboard and centre console will get new brushed metal accents and the car will get a new multi functional display in the instrument console. There will be other changes, too, to liven up the interiors, like a sporty new flat-bottom steering wheel with new buttons for audio system and trip meter.
3. The biggest chane will be ,Volkswagen has made the smaller new engine more refined and quieter than before,the new 1.5-litre oil-burner will produce a flatter torque curve, making it a lot better to drive than before, delivering instant power and improved mid-range. The engine will come paired with a 5-speed manual and the much needed six-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
4. The petrol engine will be the same 1.6 and the 1,2TSI with a 7-speeed automatic transmission.
5. Feature rich to match with Honda city asnd the upcoming Suzuki's Ciaz, the 1.5 TDI will be a much more refined engin that the current one.

2014 Volkwagen Vento to launch in September Page - 2| ZigWheels.com

Last edited:
Re: 2014 Vento 'Refresh' Launching soon

Keeping inline with the just released Ploo, VW is expected tol launch the Vento refresh in September 2014.
Here is what you can expect,
1. It would get re-profile headlight , a muscular new front bumper with a chrome highlights.The rear will get a stylish new bumper and the tail lamps will also get some tweaking.
2. The cabin made more airy than before, using new fabric and upholstery combinations. The dashboard and centre console will get new brushed metal accents and the car will get a new multi functional display in the instrument console. There will be other changes, too, to liven up the interiors, like a sporty new flat-bottom steering wheel with new buttons for audio system and trip meter.
3. The biggest chane will be ,Volkswagen has made the smaller new engine more refined and quieter than before,the new 1.5-litre oil-burner will produce a flatter torque curve, making it a lot better to drive than before, delivering instant power and improved mid-range. The engine will come paired with a 5-speed manual and the much needed six-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
4. The petrol engine will be the same 1.6 and the 1,2TSI with a 7-speeed automatic transmission.
5. Feature rich to match with Honda city asnd the upcoming Suzuki's Ciaz, the 1.5 TDI will be a much more refined engin that the current one.

2014 Volkwagen Vento to launch in September Page - 2| ZigWheels.com
I'm excited about this.Will be waiting for this and book another one with DSG box as soon as it gets released in India.

Re: 2014 Vento 'Refresh' Launching soon

I am skeptical about Diesel + DSG combination. If it is indeed true I will be their new customer. But no definitive confirmation from VW or Skoda about the same. Considering all the discounts they are offering now to sell cars, they can easily launch high trim diesel DSG for around 10.5 laks ex-showroom. It they can do that it will be game changer but they need to act quickly.

Thread Starter #4
Re: 2014 Vento 'Refresh' Launching Soon

Update:
Vento 'facelift' to be launched in Sept. Will have the GT twins offered too. Speculated to get the TDI with DSG as a varaint.
Exteriors and interiors similar to that seen on the recently launched Polo.

2015 - A more powerful and premiun varaint - Vento GP?
The Vento GP will have a different class and will be a premium in its class and will be positioned above Honda City and Hyundai Verna.
The Vento is likely to get a more comprehensive revamp, the sedan’s first in over three years of the car being on sale in India.

VW expects to bring New cars in 2016 like the CUV's etc, till then they will bring varaints of the existing models to be in the limelight.

VW Polo GT twins, Vento facelift coming September 2014, Vento GP in July 2014 | AutoColumn

Thread Starter #5

Vento refresh (facelift ) will come in Sept-Oct time frame.
Rendered image of Vento face lift - Yes Toffee Brown Metallic colour will be added to the Vento color options.
2014-VW-Vento1.jpg

Here is what to expect -
As reported earlier, the VW Vento facelift will launch in the months of September- October 2014. It will be available in 2
Engine options-
1) Turbo- Petrol: 1.2L TSI, 105 PS and 175 Nm, and a 7 speed DSG automatic gearbox.
2) Turbo- Diesel: 1.5L TDI , 105 PS and 250 Nm, with options of a 5 speed manual and a 6 speed automatic with ESP.
The Vento facelift will run on 185/60 R15 tyres mounted on classy looking 15 spoke ‘Spokane’ alloys.
The facelift car will get the new double barrel dual H7 headlamps from the new Polo.
Interior-wise, the Vento facelift will get the sexy new flat- bottom steering wheel and silver center console (HighLine variant only), similar to the new Polo. A new fabric will also adorn the seats.
However, the car will continue to have the existing bumpers and tail light. The new bumpers.
Vento Facelift will be aggressively and expect the price to remain nearly same as the existing one

All New Vento GP - July 2015
Rumored to have substantially more kit like Cruise- Control, rear seat entertainment package, new infotainment system etc., the Vento GP promises to be a more rounded package than ever.

SCOOP: 2014 VW Vento FaceLift: This Is It! | AutoColumn

People who bought VW Polo 1.2 TDI recently are feeling bad after the inception of Polo 1.5 TDI for a similar price. So now VW has ditched the 1.2 and 1.6. As 1.5 is new and adheres to Indian tax system, we can be sure that it will continue for long in the pipeline. So as per the information I received, the vento and polo GT are going to come with 1.5 TDI with VGT turbo with similar power outputs as 1.6 TDI. But recent post from AutoColumn says that all new vento is going to be launched in July 2015. So, I would suggest to wait and buy 2015 version if you are not in a hurry.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Here are the first image of the Vento refresh testing in India. Expect a festive season launch. Engine would be the 1.5TDI for diesel and could have the AT mated to the DSG too. Expect all changes of the New Polo both internal and external to be in this.
VW-Vento-facelift-spied-India.jpg
VW Vento facelift starts testing in India [Spyshot]

Thread Starter #8

Vento refresh will be launched in September 2014.
Volkswagen will launch the new Vento as early as possible this month, within the next couple of weeks to be more specific. Production of the old Vento has already stopped and we have on many occasions spotted the facelifted car testing. Expect a few cosmetic additions similar to what we saw in the new Polo which will make the Vento look fresher. These will be limited to new bumpers, refreshed headlamps and a new alloy wheel design. There will be more features inside the cabin. Expect the prices to be slightly higher than the outgoing car. A formal announcement from Volkswagen about the launch date is expected shortly.
2014 Volkswagen Vento To Be Launched In India This Month - Overdrive

I visited VW to have a second look at Vento. Sales guy is absolutely confident that 1.5L Diesel Automatic will not be launced in next 6 months. I am confused now and not sure if I should believe him?

Also Polo TSI waiting time is approximately 4 months. Do not understand why they do not want to sell Polo TSI. Especially when overall VW sales are touching all time low. Also skeptical about how they will manage the delivery time with new facelifts.

Thread Starter #11

I visited VW to have a second look at Vento. Sales guy is absolutely confident that 1.5L Diesel Automatic will not be launced in next 6 months. I am confused now and not sure if I should believe him?
VW dealers are the last to know about launches, this is based on past experience when Polo releases.

Also Polo TSI waiting time is approximately 4 months. Do not understand why they do not want to sell Polo TSI. Especially when overall VW sales are touching all time low. Also skeptical about how they will manage the delivery time with new facelifts.
VW dealers in Hyderabad are not interested in selling any vehicles. I interacted with them in the last 1 year they have no clue about products that are already launched how can we expect them to know about future launches. Once I called them to say I want to book Polo TSI, sales person told me TSI takes 6 months but GT TDI comes with automatic transmission please book sir. When I told him GT TDI is manual he again said no sir automatic transmission. I asked him to send an email with the information. He never responded :-)

I absolutely agree with AutoKrish, salesman have the poorest of poor knowledge about cars which they have them in their showrooms and they see them everyday, what will they have know about the upcoming vehicles [lol]. A salesman from VW dealer in Hyderabad told my friend very confidently that there is not going to be any 1.6 TDI (polo) or GT TDI at all. Where as VW announced the date to launch the vehicle very next month. When my friend came up with this, I showed him on internet. He was like damn. Not to trust any salesman again.

I have encountered many such situations like these and in the end I never trust a salesman.

Last edited:

Thanks vm2011, AutoKrish, Volksjager. I will wait for the refresh for some more time. I am desperately waiting for good Diesel Auto transmission carat around 10L. This could be it. I still have to hope they would not mess up with delivery times.

I am also waiting for good Automatic Transmission car. I am ok with TSI or Diesel. But dealer folks are not taking booking or not able to predict when they can deliver car. My wish list
Diesel + DSG
Safety features ESP + Hillhold + more airbags
Paddle Shifts + Cruise Control
Price 10.5 Ex-showroom :-)
reduce unnecessary chrome.

Top Bottom