Nissan Quietly Slips Evalia Facelift

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Nissan India has quietly launched the Evalia facelift which was showcased at Auto Expo 2014. The changes are minimal and hard to figure out for a casual observer.

Exteriors:

> New alloy wheels

> Stylized front bumper

> Chrome touch on tailgate

> V-shaped front grille with chrome surround

Interiors:

> Glovebox with lid

> Faux wooden-finish

Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> XE: Rs.8,49,999

> XE+: Rs.8,99,999

> XL: Rs.9,77,787

> XL (Option): Rs.10,02,211

> XV: Rs.10,43,437

> XV (Option): Rs.10,67,859

Under the hood is the same 1.5L K9K Diesel that produces 85 BHP and 200 Nm torque. Can such a minor update that too quietly help Evalia in terms of sales? I suspect.

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-05.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-07.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-06.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-04.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-03.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-02.jpg

Nissan-Evalia-Facelift-01.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

They have been slowly and steadily updating the Evalia based on the market feedback. The current update also gets rear wash and wipe. I personally feel, the current model is a lot better than the over priced Innova.

People movers are slowly gaining momentum in India. This can be an option for owners who feel innova is overpriced. But silent launch won't help sales kicking off.

Although these changes will definitely help, I still think the main problem with the Evalia is it's rear Leaf-Spring suspension.

Has this car picked up the sales? I dont remember spotting it on Nagpur roads ever, not sure how it was doing in Metro cities. I would go for an Ertiga rather than going for this boxy van!
Even here in USA, the NV200 (US version of Evalia), used as taxi and cargo vehicle isnt doing very well.

Has this car picked up the sales? I dont remember spotting it on Nagpur roads ever, not sure how it was doing in Metro cities. I would go for an Ertiga rather than going for this boxy van!
Even here in USA, the NV200 (US version of Evalia), used as taxi and cargo vehicle isnt doing very well.
No Akash, this is doing well in India either. Monthly sales are dismal at 150-200 units as compared to compitition (minimum of 1500 units of Enjoy and 4000 + units of Ertiga).

I feel, if this van could have been launched with proper doors, it would have been a success story. They could still look at the commercial operations by joining hands with courier companies/florists/travel companies.

No Akash, this is doing well in India either. Monthly sales are dismal at 150-200 units as compared to compitition (minimum of 1500 units of Enjoy and 4000 + units of Ertiga).

I feel, if this van could have been launched with proper doors, it would have been a success story. They could still look at the commercial operations by joining hands with courier companies/florists/travel companies.
To me the boxy appearance is the biggest let down. It looks like the car was meant for cargo business. I am pretty sure, the engine must be great considering the fact that Nissan has a good engine line up.

AMG

Suspended
You know what killed the Evalia?

Yes sir, you guessed it right. It was the sliding doors. In our country they are not considered worthy of anything except a cargo vehicle.

The Enjoy and the Evalia were launched almost together, both had similar shape.
And guess what sold? The Enjoy.

Why? Because it had normal doors, and normal windows.
And it sold despite Chevy having a worse reputation than Nissan.

So dear head of Project Evalia, if you are listening, thats what you need to fix. Dont waste your time on useless upgrades.

Can someone please explain why sliding doors are frowned upon in India?

In my opinion they should be perfect for easy entry/exit in tight spaces, especially in a long vehicle.

AMG

Suspended
The Nissan Evalia range will now get a new top-end variant called the ‘Special Variant’. This range-topping van sees a revised front fascia with an all-new chrome grille and a thoroughly redesigned, sportier front bumper housing integrated fog-lamps with chrome surrounds.

The front bonnet has also been updated with a chrome strip that merges with the new front grille. At the back, the Evalia ’Special Variant’ gets a rear roof spoiler, along with some more chrome trimming. New 10-spoke alloy wheels also make their presence felt.

The new Nissan Evalia ”Special Variant’ will be positioned above the Evalia XV (O), which was the top end variant until now. The Evalia ’Special Variant’ will be available across India and will be priced at INR 11,61,930, ex-showroom New Delhi.

Making the announcement, Guillaume Sicard, President – Nissan India Operations said, ” The Evalia is a completely new take on adaptable and multi-functional urban family car. Over the last two years, the Evalia has evolved based on customer needs. We added prominent features like captain seats and sliding windows in the middle row and roof AC vents amongst others.”

”The design changes in the ’Special Variant’ lend striking looks and a more premium feel to the package, which perfectly complement the sophisticated interiors. We are confident that Evalia ’Special Variant’ will make our customers feel special”, he added.

Source: Motoroids

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Here are the pics of the latest Special Variant of Nissan Evalia.

10671455_10152471397331234_2678202209290991969_n.jpg

10672267_10152471397336234_2423038287397205530_n.jpg

Nissan India launched a special variant on its MPV, the Evalia, in a bid to give it some publicity in the festive season. The Evalia special variant is priced at INR 11.62 lakhs, ex-Showroom, New Delhi, and is based on the top-end XV (O).
IAB

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom