Toyota Yaris Launched in India [Discontinued]

Re: Toyota To Launch Vios in India By 2015

Toyota is looking to enter the C+ segement to take on Honda City, Verna and the upcoming CIAZ. Most likely it will be built on the Etios platform, to keep manufacturing cost low and take advantage of the cost sharing between Etios and the NEW PROPOSED car.

Considered a strategic car for emerging economies, the Toyota Vios could be manufactured here by 2017 and eventually replace the Etios sedan.

Mechanically, the Vios will come with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine that puts out 107bhp and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.4-litre diesel motor will also be made available in this car.

Toyota Vios sedan India bound | Car News | Mid-size Saloons | Autocar India

Toyota Vios to be launched in 2017, Etios will co-exist until 2020 , after which it will be phased out.

the vios should have been launched in the first place instead of etios. atleast it is good to see toyota learn from its mistakes!

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

The Vios by Toyota has been clicked testing in Bangalore! Honda City gets yet another competitor now to deal with!!

Toyota-Vios-spotted-front-India.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

If the launch is nearby,then why Toyota didn't showcased VIOS in previous Indian Auto Expo?
They showcased the Hiace in previous Indian expo in which its launch is scheduled in 2015.

Toyota's C segment sedan caught testing in Bangalore.
Expect the car to be launched in late 2016 or early 2017.

Toyota-Vios-4.jpg
Toyota-Vios-3.jpg
Toyota-Vios-6.jpg

Source:Overdrive

As the Etios diesel with full bells and whistles cost nearly 11 lakhs on road, the Vios is going to be priced above it (~15lakhs for diesel on road) i think. I'm eagerly waiting to see which diesel is going into the engine bay of Vios if offered (VN Turbo (corolla's) or non VN turbo(etios') ??)

I really doubt if it is for Indian market. They simply would no have the margins like Crysta or the fortuner. Also placing it above etios and below corolla would cannibalize corolla and Toyota again would lose their margins and exclusivity. They have already burnt their fingers once with the etios twins and have accepted their defeat. So highly improbable that India would see vios/yaris launch. If I understood Toyota, then I would think they will maintain the existing products line up and introduce facelifts of the existing products and not new products itself.

Good news folks, Toyota India MD himself confirmed the launch of the Toyota Yaris hatchback alongside the Vios.

Toyota Yaris hatchback confirmed for India - Report

This is a very good move by Toyota. And being a 4.1 meter in length it does not confer to tax benefits but I like the fact that Toyota does not chop the car to make it sub-4 mts and compromise on other advantages of the car. It would be a perfect hatch with a lot of rear legroom and boot space. I hope Toyota launches this car as is, with good engine options.

Top Bottom