Ford Monsoon Car Care Camp: 25th – 29th June 2014

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Here's a quick update for Ford car owners. I received an SMS last week and now an E-Mail about the monsoon car care camp which starts from tomorrow till this weekend.

> 50% off on New Wipers

> Rs. 1000 off on Batteries (*Buy back)

> Free Car Wash and Vehicle Report Card Check-up

> 10% off on Brake Pads, Suspension (Selected parts only) and Fog Lamps

> Free Laptop Bags/Freebies(Selected Brands) & Wheel alignment for 4 tyre replacement only

Service can be booked online at this link. More details: http://www.india.ford.com/ford-service/solutions/service-camp

My car’s wipers are worn out and will be availing new ones under this scheme. Now I'm glad that I didn't replace them earlier. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Monsoon Car Care Camp: 25th – 29th June 2014

Ford has also issued a press release. This camp is being conducted in Northern and Western India. For Eastern and Southern parts, it kick started on 18th June in a phased manner.
When driving in plains:

Traffic jams and water clogging is a common problem while driving in plains. There are chances that the water can enter the exhaust and stall the car. In that case, the car should be driven very slowly, without splashing through the water. Post the drive, the car should be properly washed using a high pressure hose to clean the grunge from gaps, followed by a dry wipe to avoid any fungus growth.

When driving in hills:

When it rains, it can be tricky to drive on hills as the roads are slippery and muddy. To protect against this, the tyres and hand brake should be checked to ensure they are in good condition and functional. The foot pedals should also be checked, as in many cases it is the runner covers that get worn out. If that is the case, they should be changed or replaced immediately, as a slippery foot on a brake pedal can be dangerous.

When driving in coastal areas:

In coastal areas, the higher salt content and humidity in the atmosphere accelerates corrosion, and to avoid this, the car should be washed after a drive in the rains.

Little things that matter much:

Wipers are often a neglected accessory but they are critical for good visibility. They should be replaced as necessary as faulty wipers can leave scratches on the windscreen. Check for mud flaps as that will help to keep the sides of the car more clean and reduce maintenance work.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom