Tata Movus (Revised Sumo Grande) Now Launched

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Tata Motors has launched the Movus, which is more or less a revised version of Sumo Grande, at a starting price tag of Rs.6,99,000.

> 2.2L Engine. Delivers 120 PS Power and 250 NM Torque. Mileage: 15.16 Kmpl.

> Ground clearance of 180 MM (Unladen condition). Fuel tank capacity is 65 Liters.

> Equipped with new rack and pinion steering system. Turning radius: 5.35 meters.

> Seating options include front facing, side-facing and captain seats in the 7, 8 & 9 seater variants.

> New 260 dia concentric sleeve cylinder. Self actuating clutch for reduced & constant clutch effort throughout its life.

> 3 Year or 150,000 kms engine warranty (whichever is earlier). It's available in Porcelain White, Meteor Silver. Two variants on offer: CX & LX.

Announcing the introduction of the all-new Tata Movus, Mr. Ranjit Yadav – President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “The all-new Movus is a great proposition for large families as it is spacious, easy to maintain, economical for both short and long distances, delivering great value without compromising on comfort. As an entry-level UV, the all-new Movus, a big and reliable vehicle comes at a price point which will provide our customers with best-in-class ride quality, making it a perfect partner for every journey. The vehicle is commercially available at dealerships located in metros and select cities.”
New-Tata-Movus.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Tata Movus MUV Launched at Rs 6.99 Lakhs

No doubt, its a another VFM preposition by tata in people mover segment.
But the roof carrier and black bumpers makes the looks of the vehicle to appear a notch down.
Body coloured bumpers and scorpio-like roof rails would have imparted more upmarket look to this UV.
Although the Varicor 120PS engine is a detuned version, i believe it comes with a VGT which gives excellent in-city and highway driveability.

Awaiting more reviews. [:)]

Re: Tata Movus MUV Launched at Rs 6.99 Lakhs

No safety features with just bare exteriors and interiors and a new name.
Only fit to be a Taxi.
Hope Tata is working on another really upmarket people mover.

People are missing the all important update. The rack and pinion steering system. My Grande came with the box system. Isnt it what people asked for all the while. Rack and Pinion

The vehicle looks ugly. In fact the word ugly could be replaced with movus in English dictionary. It's quite clear the target audience for this vehicle.

Hi,
Yesterday i saw a TATA Sumo Grande in my native. It was stunning on its looks with the after market alloys, Lights, Running board alterations.
I was very surprised to see how a vehicle looks were changed after the alterations. Really value for money in that range. But i see no Airbags in that Car.

I think other than Versa-> Eeco and Dzire (Old) -> Tour , Tata made black bumpers from a model which had body coloured bumpers in previous gen.

Hi,
Today i asked for test drive of this vehicle in bangalore. But they told, only display model available. Major change of this car comes up in the Engine system. They have replaced the entire drive train with the new Tata Safari storme Engines.
Is it True?

well confusing strategy-a car for the large family that does not look appealing,no safety features (airbag/abs)?
As ambylover says-there are a few souped up Grande's that make you look twice-the Movus may make you feel like moving on!

Top Bottom