Mahindra April 2014 Sales

Maruti Suzuki April 2014 Sales

Nissan April 2014 Sales

Renault April 2014 Sales

Skoda April 2014 Sales

Tata Motors April 2014 Sales

Toyota April 2014 Sales

Volkswagen April 2014 Sales

Disclaimer: Overall market share figures exclude high-end manufacturers. We strive to provide 100% accurate data but are not responsible for errors due to the nature of sources.

Surprising to see that Brio is selling so less (577 units). More so because it is not Amaze (selling just 3355 units) that is eating into Brio sales. Even Liva, Beat and Micra has sold more units than Brio is even more shocking (or is it because of Petrol + Diesel in these models??).

I guess it is high time Honda takes cues from the declining sales of Brio and Amaze and starts concentrating on the interiors of the Brio platform models, especially since Mobilio launch is around the corner.

With this kind of basic interiors and a lot of obvious cost cutting Honda is not going anywhere forward. If Honda continues the trend in Mobilio, I don't think the H-badge or its reliability image is going to save Honda.

Brio sales being low seems to be the Celerio (AMT) effect!
True Celerio AMT + Grand i10 + a bit of Xcent all might be a reason for Brio decline. But then just managing to cross 500 is not a good sign I guess [confused] Especially when Beat and Micra has managed to sell much more. That is why I feel the minimalist interiors and cost cutting measures of Honda is backfiring here.

I think Honda might be clearing out stocks to bring in Updated / Facelifted Version.
Its already in its 3rd Year. Brio comparison with Grand i10 is ok but not Celerio.
I don't think a person who has considered Brio will end up owning Celerio. There is a huge difference in the way these two cars drive.
And Fit and Finish and Build Quality is good in Brio. Although the Dashboard looks good for Brio, but it looks dated in Amaze slightly.

Not a very good month for the Auto industry. Volkswagen & Skoda seem to be going through a downfall since the turn of this year and there doesn't seem any light at the end of the tunnel for them in the near future as there are no big launches ahead. Yes the refreshed Polo with the new 1.5TDI engine will come but it won't go bursting up the sales for them. Skoda has to get some new models too in the Indian market. Lunch the new Yeti maybe at an attractive price.

Tata Nano with just a 1000+ pieces sold would surely have made the management worried. A better marketing as well as positioning of the vehicle is required as of now. Same for the Tata Aria even after its massive price-cuts, they're not able to overcome the initial troublesome perception about the vehicle.

Maruti has got another success under its belt in the name of Celerio. The AMT magic has got the attention Maruti was hoping for. The AMT variant has massive waiting period all over the country.

Nissan Terrano sales are almost half of what it was last month. Production issues? Duster on the other end seems to have settled comfortably at the 3-3.5k sales mark which is pretty decent. Though the Mahindra Scorpio still is the Numero Uno SUV.

Just 281 Fiat Lineas sold in Apr-14!!! :confused:
Very gloomy scenario for such a capable car, that has received facelift just couple of months back. I was expecting improvement over Mar-14 sales no. of 600+.
Shall we conclude that Fiat India was late to come up with Refresh & market has already moved on now???
Your guess can be as good as mine.

Last edited:
I dont know if brio's facelift launch is around the corner or not but the car deserves much more.
AMT's are not preferred option abroad. AMT's are the engines that aren't as responsive as others, less effecient in life and has ill-effects on the FE. But people compare it to i-vtec's. [lol]
Yes it was a bad month and sad to see my two favorite hatches(Brio and Punto) ending up in a MOM sales in huge negative profit.

Yeah Brios sales are a bit of a surprise this month. I am sure its not because of Celerio launch or anything. They are in different segments and dont compete with each other.

Even Punto and Micra's number are down by a huge percentage.

February-2014 Sales : Company (Percentage)
Maruti (46.86%), Hyundai (15.97%), Mahindra (8.70%), Honda (6.83%), Tata (5.32%), Toyota (4.74%)

March-2014 Sales : Company (Percentage)
Maruti (44.08%), Hyundai (15.03%), Mahindra (10.6%), Honda (7.91%), Tata (5.43%), Toyota (3.53%)

April-2014 Sales : Company (Percentage)
Maruti (43.19%), Hyundai (19.24%), Mahindra (9.46%), Honda (6.02%), Tata (4.06%), Toyota (4.13%)

Hyundai's gain is Maruti's loss.
Tata again behind to Toyota. Toyota factory layout affected the sales. Fortuner sales fall below 1000units.

Honda is having bright fortunes. Honda city is really doing good.

Its very clear Hyundai Xcent has eaten the Amaze share.

Innova and Thar are the cars sold more in April than March 2014. Take a bow to Innova.

Car market in April 14 has been lull courtesy: Election commission of India. Restrictions in money handling due to election time in Indian states.
P.S: This should be the way for India on all days to restrict infusing black money into market.

I think because of the election month the sales are comparatively low. There are many restrictions and problems in election month. One such is doing registration, it takes more time due to election and also car with temporary registration or no proper registration numbers are being checked by police more in election time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom