Delhi Transport Department Launches Anti-Pollution Drive

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Starting from tomorrow onwards, Delhi Transport Department will be on a spree to issue challans to the vehicles which do not hold a valid Pollution Under Control Certificate.

Those who still don't have one, it's high time. Related links:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...10-pollution-control-certificate-new-car.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ution-control-certificate-shop-your-city.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-under-control-certificate-puc-your-area.html

Article from The Hindu:
In order to rein in polluting vehicles in the city, the Delhi Government’s Transport Department will launch an intensive drive from next week. Vehicles not carrying Pollution Under Control Certificates (PUCC) would be prosecuted.

Every motor vehicle after the expiry of one year from the date of its initial registration is required to carry a valid PUC certificate issued by an authorised agency.

“A special drive would be launched from April 24. The Enforcement Department officials would be on the ground across the city to prosecute vehicles not carrying the PUC certificate. The offence of not carrying a valid PUC certificate attracts a penalty of Rs.1,000 for the first offence and Rs.2,000 for the second and subsequent offences,” a Transport Department official said.

Pollution checking facilities are available at 663 centres at the petrol pumps and authorised workshops. All motor vehicles have to get the pollution certificate renewed every three months.

While the Transport Department has conducted such drives in the past, it has failed to make much of an impact due to the lack of manpower in the Enforcement Department. Sources said the total headcount in the Enforcement is under 100.

“There are around 75 lakh registered vehicles in the city. It is difficult for the existing work force to enforce the norms. Moreover, the department has other task at hand too. Therefore, special drive is conducted to make people comply with the norms,” an official said.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Here in Chandigarh its been mandatory for quite sometime. If your stopped and any of the 4 document is missing, be ready to shed out some money from your pocket. So its better to be prepared all the time. Even High security number plates are on the agenda here. Lots of Chandigarh registered cars here are being challaned for the same whose numbers are in the list of which the High security plates have already been issued. I've been fined for it myself, so got them fixed in my car immediately after that.

In Hyderabad also it is mandatory.

Traffic police will frequently conducting the checks in blind turns.

If we caught without it we have to pay 1000/- as fine.

I am very careful about PUC renewal and do it in time for my car,bike regularly.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Hope this is not applicable for new cars (<1 year).
Yup. The same is also clarified in the quoted article. I am not surprised; there were long queues for PUC checkup at some fuel stations this morning.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom