Hyundai Considering Genesis Launch in India

It is a totally surlrising news for me! Hyundai has good capability and capacity for betterment of its existing line-up of cars (below 15 lacs) in India. The fluidic theme followed by Hyundai has set in really well in the hearts on Indian customers. The manufacturer really makes VFM propositions seeing the feature list and price tag.

But, Hyundai doesn't have the brand value that needs to be associated with a 40 lac rupee car! I doubt whether customers would be ready to plonk in their money on a Hyundai if they can get products from Audi, BMW and the likes.

As in the case of Toyota, the Fortuner is doing really well at its price tag (given that the brand value of Toyota is not at par with BMW, Mercedes and the likes) just because of the capability and the fact that the car is well-tested and used by Indian customers.

Also, a luxury sedan would be used as a chauffer-driven car and the customer would spend his time as a rear seat passenger. Thus, the ride quality and comfort needs to be exceptional and the boat-like ride associated with other Hyundai cars won't work! Hope that this doesn't end up the way the SantaFe does. I feel the pricing must be revised to make it more affordable than the Mercs and Beemers (around 35 lacs would be good).

Good luck to Hyundai for its plans!

Punto8090.

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai is certainly exploring the opportunity of introducing the Genesis in India. Here's a surprise seen at the ongoing Autocar Performance Show. :smile:

Hyundai-Genesis-Autocar-Performance-Show-03.jpg

Hyundai-Genesis-Autocar-Performance-Show-01.jpg

Hyundai-Genesis-Autocar-Performance-Show-02.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Hyundai Genesis: Finally on Indian Roads!

Maybe this is imported by someone for personal use because neither this is a test car, nor there are any such announcements.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Maybe this is imported by someone for personal use
Vipul, Went and read the link and the report states that there are 3 such cars imported by Hyundai to their Chennai plant. May be some R&D shall be carried out by them!

Regards

Akash

Vipul, Went and read the link and the report states that there are 3 such cars imported by Hyundai to their Chennai plant. May be some R&D shall be carried out by them!

Regards

Akash
That means they 'can' consider the car for India but not 'sure' if they wanna launch it here.
The title of the thread is misguiding[sleep]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The title of the thread is misguiding
Needful step is taken Vipul[:)]. But Genesis will definitely be another trump card for Hyundai in India for the premium segment if they are actually thinking of taking it further.

Regards

Akash

Needful step is taken Vipul[:)]. But Genesis will definitely be another trump card for Hyundai in India for the premium segment if they are actually thinking of taking it further.

Regards

Akash
Sirji such trump cards do fail when they are played against the players like Toyota, Honda, Skoda etc in the higher segments. Competing under 10 lac and competing over that are entirely different games. Elantra and Verna are taking beating these days, Sonata never launched and Santa Fe is although trying to hold on its position but new Ford Ranger and some other SUVs are coming to prepare its coffin.

Only if they can offer something that can give the owners an ownership experience of not owning 'just a car with features' then maybe they can trump.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Only if they can offer something that can give the owners an ownership experience of not owning 'just a car with features' then maybe they can trump.
Absolutely, Hyundai has to make it stand out from the rest. For one, I believe the chief rivals of the Genesis when launched in India will be Superb, Camry, Maruti at present seems more inclined to CUV and do you think it can compete with the M-Power machines here?

Regards

Akash

The expected price tag is near around 40-45 lac and the question that haunts me is that:
Will Hyundai sell a 40 lac car(Audi, BMW and Mercedes rivalling) parked besides of i10's, i20's and Vernas?
Will they be servicing the Genesis in the same servicing stations where the Eons are being serviced? R.I.P. the premium ownership feeling then!

Dunno why but I am getting a gut feeling that this car is gonna have the same fate as of Toureg and Phaeton in India.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Hyundai Genesis not coming to India.

Hyundai Officials they denied such a happening. There are three Genesis cars in Chennai and all are for the plant use. One of them is for the company’s Managing Director in India.

“Hyundai Genesis will not be a practical buy at the moment considering the price it will be coming at. The Genesis is available in petrol and diesel engines but it isn’t feasible to get it to India right now,” stated the Hyundai employee. The Genesis comes in sedan and coupe form. None of these will be coming to India anytime soon.

Hyundai Genesis not coming to India – MotorOctane

Again and again it has been proved that in Indian market above40lks is being dominated by the Germans in form of Audi, BMW & Mercedes.
Japanese have tried before but they have to shut down their shops .i.e. Camry Accord

By looking this post it sounds that Koreans even do not wantto knock the door of called luxury segment which is above 40 lks.

Last edited:

Top Bottom