False Tyre Size Depicted in Tata Nano Ads

Thread Starter #1
I am big fan of the biggest innovation of the small car NANO. I like the way it has been conceptualized and executed well. Till the date there are lakhs of Nano running on Indian roads.

So I google about Tata Nano and found a group "TATA Nano" on Facebook, I joined that group. While browsing on internet I found something related to Nano, so I posted it on the same group.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130765&stc=1&d=1396342789

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130766&stc=1&d=1396342886

They started responding me very quickly. Please go through the image very thoroughly.

Do You Feel the SAME what they replied in the post. [confused]

Attachments

Re: What do you feel about Tata Nano - tyre

Its written on advertisement or online website .
At end at most of times in small size

Here is what written"Images are for illustrative purposes only .Actual Product may differ .Accessories may be not be part of standard equipment"

Ankit

350Z

Core Team
Re: What do you feel about Tata Nano - tyre

Just another marketing gimmick to make the car look better in ads. I remember Mahindra had shown a rear armrest on ads of Logan even though it never offered one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even if you see brochures in showroom, it will say "Specifications subject to change without prior notice" . It is not always what you see is what you get.

Well spotted Amit. You are actually correct, the wheels depicted on the website are obviously too large for those wheel arches, such that they wouldn't be able to turn without hitting the fender wall, and would crash into the body when going over bumps!

Tata nano website T&C: Tata Nano :: Terms & Conditions

Point 7 says: "While Tata Motors Limited has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this Website, this Website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to Tata Motors Limited and/or its corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates etc. or the products and services of the same , are provided on an "as is" basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including by not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded. In no event will Tata Motors Limited or any of its corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates etc. be liable (whether in contract or tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this Website including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill (in all these cases whether direct or indirect) nor any indirect, economic, consequential or special loss."

I just find it rather pathetic that Tata is still trying to deny the lie by saying that wheel covers can somehow affect the width of the tyre!

I think we are looking too much into this.

Any ad or photos of the car has a small star at the bottom which goes on to say that the actual specification of the cars will be different from the ones in the pic.

If they dont post the disclaimer then you can accuse them of fooling you.

Top Bottom