SnapDeal To Sell Mahindra Defense Bullet-Proof Kits for Scorpio!

Thread Starter #1
Snapdeal.com to sell Mahindra Defense Bullet-proof kits for Scorpio !

kit 2.png

Tony Navin, Vice President, Business Development at Snapdeal, commented on the alliance, “Defence Land Systems India has been proving their expertise in the line of defence armoury for a significant time now. This is the first time Indian customers will be able to access such a product in the online space. While the brand itself is a guarantee of product quality and cost effectiveness, we are pleased to be able to offer their range of bullet proof kits to buyers online who are looking at a credible source for such requirements and are often in doubt about the right buying platform for the same.”
source of quote: link

kit 3.png

• Total Price of Product : Rs 12.67 lacs
  • Warranty : 2 years
  • Sold by : Defense Land Systems( a Mahindra Company)

For more info and booking, visit here: snapdeal

For more info about defense Land Systems India: visit here

Thread Starter #2
On further research, I learnt to see a Bullet proof Tata safari which was launched at Rs 60 Lakhs in 2011.

Earlier In 2010, Tata Motors had launched the armoured versions of the Discovery and Range Rover at Rs 3.75 and 4 crore, which in fact deliver the same B6 level ballistic and blast protection like the Safari, which is sold for less than one-sixth the price.

Rs 75,000 is only a partial booking amount
Total Cost of Bullet Proof Kit : Rs. 16.07 lacs ;
Balance Amount to be paid to the seller : Rs. 15.32 lacs
All Side Bullet Proof Panels Complete Set of Bullet Proof Glasses
Anti Explosion Material kit for Fuel Tank
Run Flat System
Vehicle Tracking Device
Free Insurance for Bullet Proof Materials Free Pickup and Door Delivery 2 Years Warranty
Fitment at Company Workshop Included in the Price
All Applicable Taxes IncludedSUPC: SDL345679499

Thread Starter #4
Last edited:
No, I meant this is clearly an April Fool's joke! There is no way snapdeal would be selling bulletproof kits, for the following reasons:

1. Not Economically viable.
2. Government would not permit public sale of military-grade equipment.
3. Might be perceived to encourage gun violence.

Also, if Mahindra had developed this in tandem with the defence department, they would have been bound by confidentiality to not disclose the information, never mind selling it to the public!

Thread Starter #8
No, I meant this is clearly an April Fool's joke! There is no way snapdeal would be selling bulletproof kits,..
Will you please spend a couple of minutes to open any of the links to snapdeal.com I posted earlier to beleive it youself ?

Actually i felt it was weird cos you cant buy one unless your certified you just cant go & bullet proof your car in India as far as i am aware, you need permission & other causes.
This was the case as far as i knew.
So to just put up an offer like its freely available to public seemed weird.

India is quite strict when it comes to any defence related items,remember the S class not getting the radar system here cos its banned & good luck trying to own a gun you pay 9 to 10 times the real amount & end of the day its not so powerful that you will only enrage someone by firing at them,no defence from them.
Knowing all this its just ridiculous,am guessing the executive & premium customers will have permission problems.

Will you please spend a couple of minutes to open any of the links to snapdeal.com I posted earlier to beleive it youself ?
Just saw the purchase procedure. Basically the snapdeal payment is only a deposit to be contacted by the company executive. Then they will demand all of the legal documents (and the remaining payment of 11.91 lacs [surprise]) before going further! Seems potentially dangerous to me...this will just be encouraging gun usage amongst politicians IMO.

Thread Starter #11
Just saw the purchase procedure. Basically the snapdeal payment is only a deposit to be contacted by the company executive. Then they will demand all of the legal documents (and the remaining payment of 11.91 lacs [surprise]) before going further! Seems potentially dangerous to me...this will just be encouraging gun usage amongst politicians IMO.
Do you think those politicians you are talking about will need to buy a Scorpio to acquire and use a gun ?

Do you think those politicians you are talking about will need to buy a Scorpio to acquire and use a gun ?
No you misunderstood. First, these are listed on the website for a lot of different cars.

The main customers for this will be people involved in politics, who will feel much safer using firearms themselves if they feel they are protected by attacks from other's firearms. This pattern has been observed in many places.

I'm sure we all know how much Politicians love SUVs [;)]

Top Bottom