Maruti Suzuki Baleno Premium Hatchback Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
Maruti to compete in the B+ segment, to compete with the Polo GT twins, nexr Gen i20 , next gen Jazz and others.
Maruti's answer to that is the premium hatcback code named YRA that will sit above the likes of the Ritz and the Swift, and that will take on the rivals .
The YRA hatchback will be a showcase of Maruti Suzuki’s abilities and it is only fitting that the car be the first Maruti to feature a turbo petrol engine.

Maruti Suzuki will plonk in a turbocharged 1 liter-3 cylinder K-Series petrol engine into the YRA as demands for higher fuel efficiency and lower tail pipe emissions are getting shriller than ever. Dubbed the K10C DiCT, the turbo petrol engine will also feature direct injection. The engine is likely to output about 90 Bhp of peak power, with peak torque to be pegged around the 140 Nm mark. The 3 cylinder motor is the latest crop of triple cylinder turbo petrol motors that are becoming commonplace in the car world. India plays host to one in the form of the 1 Liter EcoBoost motor, which powers the Ford EcoSport crossover.
Turbocharging involves the routing of exhaust gases to spin a turbine. The turbine in turn delivers a larger charge to the engine, allowing it to make more power and torque. Due to be better use of exhaust gases, fuel efficiency is boosted and tail pipe emissions are cut back, making turbocharging a very effective tool on modern day petrol engines. Direct injection minimizes fuel wastage due to incomplete combustion, by directly delivering fuel to the combustion chamber. Together, turbocharging and direct injection form a potent mix on petrol powered engines, like they’ve already done on diesel motors.
Although the K10C turbo petrol engine will make its debut on the Maruti Suzuki YRA hatchback, expect more Maruti cars to get this engine in the future, given the tightening emission legislation in India
Maruti Suzuki to usher in its first direct injection, turbo petrol engine in 2015 | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Thread Starter #2
Suzuki Testing New Premium Hatchback Prototype

A mysterious Suzuki prototype has been spotted testing in Europe, perhaps our first glimpse at a larger B-segment hatchback from the brand.
This could be of interest to India if the premium hatch market opens up ( code named YRA)

We can expect the car to have new turbopetrol and diesel range of engines from Suzuki

2015_suzuki_small_hatch_spy_photos_01_1-0902-450x240.jpg
2015_suzuki_small_hatch_spy_photos_03-0902-460x272.jpg
2015_suzuki_small_hatch_spy_photos_05-0902-460x272.jpg
This could be the new premium B-segment hatchback positioned above the Swift and would rival the Honda FIT (Jazz) and Nissan Note in the European Markets.
Suzuki will go offensive with new launches.
Indeed, we will have at least one new Suzuki model every year for the next five years
Suzuki Small Hatch Prototype Spotted During Testing: Spy Photos | The Motor Report

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Suzuki Testing New Premium Hatchback Prototype

Worldcarfans that spied car is supermini-sized hatchback that could ressurect the Baleno moniker!

We have been informed this is a prototype of a supermini-sized hatchback that could ressurect the Baleno moniker. It could fill in the gap left by Liana hatchback's demise in 2007.
Suzuki Baleno five-door hatchback prototype spied

Thread Starter #5
Re: Suzuki Testing New Premium Hatchback Prototype

Suzuki's premium hatch rivaling Hyundai's Elite and VW's Polo is speculated to be based on the Ciaz platform. Will arrive in India in 2015.
Rendered by Automotive image manipulator Theophilus Chin- the YRA hatch,
15545480861_5e5cca23ed_b.jpg
15549004262_6cffc761cb_b.jpg
There are already spy shots of Suzuki’s new compact hatchback being tested. Look closely and you will see it has strong resemblance to the Alivio sedan (from B-pillar onwards).
» Suzuki Alivio Hatchback Theophilus Chin

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Coming Up

Here is an excellent rendering for the YRA hatch from Maruti Suzuki.

10678766_10152490913731234_3004563932814432811_n.jpg

10653810_10152490913736234_6958371190788130232_n (1).jpg

Suzuki have started testing a new premium hatchback which for India, is codenamed the ‘Maruti YRA’. The YRA is the rumored B+ or C-Segment hatch that will be positioned above Swift and below the soon-to-launch SX4 S-Cross.
IAB

Regards

Akash

SCOOP! Maruti YRA hatchback to take on Hyundai Elite i20

Maruti is readying an all-new hatchback (Codename: YRA) that is expected to be launched globally next year.

This new model will sit above the Swift in Suzuki’s global line-up and will compete directly with the New Hyundai Elite i20 which has also moved a sub-segment higher.

This first-ever spy picture shows the upcoming Maruti YRA in production guise and gives us a pretty clear view of how the new hatch is expected to look. From the picture it is safe to bet that parent-company Suzuki has played it safe with the YRA’s styling and has continued with the family-look first seen on the Swift.

The YRA is expected to be much wider than the Swift and this means cabin-space will be competitive if not class leading. The headlamps are placed at far corners and the wide grille is expected to get Suzuki’s honeycomb treatment with a new for Suzuki V-shape chrome-surround at the bottom. The front bumper gets conservative styling with a wide air-intake inlet, fog lamp inserts and vertical daytime-running lamps. What’s to note is that Maruti for-the-first-time in India could provide standard daytime-running lamps in India.

Moving on to the side, the Maruti YRA’s doors look much bigger than the Swift and the wing mirrors are mounted on the doors rather than the conventional mounting on the A-pillar. While the test mules seen abroad have large alloy wheels and turn-indicators on the wing mirrors, the test mule seen here is equipped with smaller steel wheels and no indicators on the wing mirrors.

The Maruti YRA is expected to be powered by the 1.2 and 1.4-litre petrol and the 1.3-litre diesel motors.

Attachments

Re: Maruti Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Coming Up

As I started reading post-by-post I felt, it is a muscular yet good looking car with a lousy headlamp. Then came the renderings in post # 5 & 8 and I felt "this thing looks cool under wraps". Posts # 9 & 10 killed my interest. "The way they retain tasteless design elements", I feel Maruti and Samsung are related. The tried and trusted HOME button in Sammy phones (do not, I repeat, DO NOT think of a circular home button in certain Fruity products); Nobody likes Sammy's button yet no one complains. Likewise, this car will please some and offend NONE. Whatever Maruti prices for less than 8 Lakhs AND with the word PREMIUM printed somewhere in the Brochure (or in the Cap/Pen/Tie/Belt/T-shirt of Maruti Salesman) will always sell.

Hello World, Maruti has got a winner here. This is what European and American Manufacturers will be doing [frustration].

Thread Starter #13
Re: Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Coming Up

More details on the YRA hatch,

Engine Details of Maruti YRA :- As per Sources , Maruti YRA will available in 2 engine option i.e
Petrol - All new 1242cc VVT motor that delivers amazingly 94PS of power with 20.1 KMPL of fuel economy .

Diesel - 1248cc 90PS tweaked DDis motor that Maruti Suzuki recently launched under Ciaz's hood that delivering 26.2 KMPL Price & feature Details :- YRA will available in 4 Variants i.e V,V+Z,Z+ .
Top of the line Variant (Z+)will have Chrome plated door handles & Door window Garnish , Smart access with push start button , Integrated sporty spoiler , Vertical daytime running Led's , Sporty 16" 5 Spoke alloy wheels , Rear parking Camera , 5.5" Bluetooth & Navigation enabled touch screen music system . Its variant to variant prices is about 50K-55K expensive than Swift hatch .

It will be the first car from Maruti Suzuki in India that offered with Daytime Running Led's
GaadiWaadi.com(blog): Maruti Suzuki premium hatch 'YRA' spied , Engine specification , feature details reveled

Last edited:
Yeah Maruti? What about safety?

After the recent media hype about the unsafe Swift, I can only hope Suzuki will not bring another similar model in India, although they know safety will not make a dent on their sales. The small scratch by informed people (i.e. <5 % of Indian population which are not the usual Maruti-loyal guys) is nothing for them. But it looks good, if the rendering by IAB is anything to go by. In posts 9-10 it looked like an overstreched Swift + Renault Scala headlamps. Polo GT TSI may be the preferred choice of automatic + enthusiast guys, while for manual enthusiasts, Zest could do well unless this thing has really good handling. To be fair, it looks great in the photo Akash posted but the test mule is a better bet. Polo, i20 is better then that IMO (unless you are one of the kitna deti hai and feature folks.). IMO Maruti is too lazy to launch new models by themselves - They only took out their turbocharger when Tata took out their's. "If the best company is offering a turbocharged car, why look at Tata?" is, I think, what they want the general population to think. Because as somebody else said,
vijay_968 said:
Whatever Maruti prices for less than 8 Lakhs AND with the word PREMIUM printed somewhere in the Brochure (or in the Cap/Pen/Tie/Belt/T-shirt of Maruti Salesman) will always sell.
The VFM MSIL is offering is very good at capturing people's minds that everyone forgets about everycar else.

Thread Starter #15
Re: Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Coming Up

Here is Suzuki's Premium Hatch again, low slung in design and seems more of a stretched Swift.
DSCN2308.jpg
Engine Details of Maruti YRA :- As per Sources , Maruti YRA will available in 2 engine option i.e
Petrol - All new 1242cc VVT motor that delivers amazingly 94PS of power with 20.1 KMPL of fuel economy .

Diesel - 1248cc 90PS tweaked DDis motor that Maruti Suzuki recently launched under Ciaz's hood that delivering 26.2 KMPL
GaadiWaadi.com(blog): Maruti Suzuki premium hatch 'YRA' spied agian, engine specification & feature details reveled

Top Bottom