This looks like the Asta (top end) petrol model and it is the 5 speed gearbox. VTVT can be seen in the pic. I hope they retain the 6 speed gearbox for diesel
I am in the market for a spacious hatchback with very good city drivability. Jazz and i20 are my top two options followed by Polo.
Now with the scoops, below are my first critical impressions.
1. Front seems to be a bit too long for a hatchback. Makes it look a bit disproportional. Would have looked super cool in a sedan though
Advantage though is you might be able to see the tip of the nose while driving, just like in SUVs.
2. C Pillar seems to be way too thick and will create severe blind-spots. Reverse sensors and camera would be a must.
3. May be the picture quality, but the black beige interiors does not look too nice.
4. No touch-screen interface or even a big screen. Reverse cam view might be in IRVM just like the current model. Not to my liking
5. Not sure if it has cruise control, 6 airbags. No sun-roof though.
6. Front end though not very attractive, luckily does not have bucket loads of chrome.
7. But after all this, does not look as royal or premium as the current gen i20.
Waiting for the launch and price. Not sure if I will wait till early next year for the Jazz or will go ahead with this if everything falls in place.