New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
Honda Cars India has no plans to launch the new 2014 Honda Jazz in the country before January 2015. Company officials have told the media that the new hatchback will launch only in the last quarter of the next financial year (Jan-Mar 2015).

2014-Honda-Jazz-spied-in-India-side.jpg

These spyshots courtesy of CarSizzler show the new Jazz presumably at a dealership (the Jazz is parked next to other Honda cars such as the Brio, older Jazz and Amaze). In fact, the Jazz spotted here could very well be the same display car seen at the 2014 Auto Expo (though the Auto Expo show car featured alloy wheels whereas the Jazz spotted here sports steel rims).

The Jazz will be launched in India with a petrol and a diesel engine option. The petrol engine in question is the 1.2-liter four-cylinder i-VTEC found on the Brio (and on the previous Jazz) capable of producing 88 PS and 109 Nm of torque. Honda will offer this engine with a 5-speed manual, and a 5-speed automatic can also be expected.

2014-Honda-Jazz-spied-in-India-rear.jpg

The diesel Jazz will use the now familiar 1.5-liter four-cylinder i-DTEC motor which produces 100 PS and 200 Nm of torque. On the Amaze, this engine is paired to a 5-speed manual and delivers 25.8 km/l, while on the new City, a 6-speed manual ensures a class-leading efficiency of 26 km/l. Either way, we expect the new Jazz diesel to offer the best fuel efficiency in its class.

Re: Spied – 2014 Honda Jazz spotted in India:

Jazz looks class apart .If priced right it will sell like anything . It will take on Ecosport and defeat it like anything,

Ankit

Re: Spied – 2014 Honda Jazz spotted in India:

dude Ecosport is CSUV segment and Honda Jazz is premium Hatchback
I know but people will look in other options and this car is not less than a SUV. It's spacious. It has Honda value. If priced parallel or more then Ecosport, it will sureshot expectations.

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz spotted in India

Jazz should be priced sensibly It was overpriced.if its pricing is good,it can give Honda good numbers

Jazz confirmed for March 2015 launch in India.

Source:ACI

AMG

Suspended

Nope. It will launch much before that.

I guess near Diwali.

Why else is it wearing no camouflage, and is at a dealership?

Nope. It will launch much before that.
Honda has officially confirmed a March 2015 launch for the Jazz hatchback. Hiroshi Kanayama, President and CEO, Honda Car India confirmed the news in an exclusive interview with Autocar India and Bloomberg TV India.
The new Jazz will be aimed squarely against premium hatchbacks such as the Maruti Swift, all-new Hyundai Elite i20 and the new Volkswagen Polo.
New Honda Jazz confirmed for March 2015 launch | Car News | Premium hatchbacks | Autocar India

now that the segment is heating up honda should launch it as fast as possible

i think new i20 will take the market by storm

Last edited:

Jazz has always been a wonderful car. After it's launch, i expect segment to get hotter. i20 will initially be having demand. But that might disappear when Jazz is launched. Honda have promised Attractive Pricing and they want Volumes from it. So it'll be much cheaper then Old one and will sit between Brio & Amaze. Diesel engine Fuel Efficiency Honda Badge="Successful Jazz".

In another 3-4 years i expect Honda Lineup to be like this(According to Pricing)
1. New Small Car(A World Car)
2. Brio
3. Jazz
4. Amaze
5. Compact SUV
6. Mobilio
7. City
8. Accord / Accord Hybrid
9. CRV

In the mean time, Existing Models will get Updates/Facelifts/Generation Change.

Honda have promised Attractive Pricing and they want Volumes from it. So it'll be much cheaper then Old one and will sit between Brio & Amaze.
Hey Nishant, I doubt if Jazz will be priced between Brio and Amaze. However attractive the pricing might be, I am pretty sure the pricing will be a little over Amaze (considering in most markets it is priced on par with City). The build quality and feature list in Jazz will be better than Amaze even if both will share the same engine. If they price it below Amaze, I would be really skeptical about the quality of the product

I seriously wish Jazz diesel gets the 6 speed gearbox from City. Also wish there be a trim with the City's 1.5L petrol.

How I wish they bring in Jazz soon. My brain is seriously considering the new i20 but my heart cannot let Jazz go. [confused]

I seriously wish Jazz diesel gets the 6 speed gearbox from City. Also wish there be a trim with the City's 1.5L petrol.

How I wish they bring in Jazz soon. My brain is seriously considering the new i20 but my heart cannot let Jazz go. [confused]
6 Speed Would be sweet. 1.5 L Petrol might be offered in the RS Trim.

I too have considered both cars as replacement for WagonR, but only after both are launched, i will make my decision.

AMG

Suspended

Jazz has always been a wonderful car. After it's launch, i expect segment to get hotter. i20 will initially be having demand. But that might disappear when Jazz is launched. Honda have promised Attractive Pricing and they want Volumes from it. So it'll be much cheaper then Old one and will sit between Brio & Amaze. Diesel engine Fuel Efficiency Honda Badge="Successful Jazz".

In another 3-4 years i expect Honda Lineup to be like this(According to Pricing)
1. New Small Car(A World Car)
2. Brio
3. Jazz
4. Amaze
5. Compact SUV
6. Mobilio
7. City
8. Accord / Accord Hybrid
9. CRV

In the mean time, Existing Models will get Updates/Facelifts/Generation Change.

We are highly unlikely to get the world car, which, if I'm not wrong is a VW Up! competitor, and it would not be possible to price it significantly below the brio.

Top Bottom