GM Launches Chevrolet Aveo in CNG

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Let us add another model to *Green* cars list in India. General Motors has released the Aveo in CNG avatar at Rs.6,26,645 in an effort to revive the excitement. The car is still available with GM's most attractive warranty package of 3 Years / 1,00,000 Kms.

"Chevrolet Aveo CNG is equipped with next-generation computer-controlled CNG injection technology from Italy. In an industry first, all “critical to quality” CNG kit components are fitted at the factory – including the CNG injectors, selector switch, modified wiring and suspension – to ensure high-quality and trouble-free service. In addition, the body is reinforced to carry the additional mass of the cylinder. Sequential injection represents the most advanced level of evolution of CNG kit technology. The ECU (Electronic Controller Unit) calculates the opening times of the injectors for each cylinder and acts separately on each gas injector with the highest precision." - Cardekho.com

chevrolet-aveo-cng-photo.jpg
Image: Dancewithshadows

Just what the Aveo needed! GM has been successful for the past 6 months or so , we will have to wait and watch the results of this move!!

i dont think that this move will be much successful. GM already very well knows that AVEO is a poor performer in India and CNG will only make happier to taxi operators (IMO) but what we need is a all new model. btw, aveo was launched back in 2006 right? after that no facelift till now. [shock] or is it possible that it is happening to clear stocks?

i dont think that this move will be much successful. GM already very well knows that AVEO is a poor performer in India and CNG will only make happier to taxi operators (IMO) but what we need is a all new model. btw, aveo was launched back in 2006 right? after that no facelift till now. [shock] or is it possible that it is happening to clear stocks?
Agreed. Aveo is desperately in need of a facelift.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Just what the Aveo needed! GM has been successful for the past 6 months or so , we will have to wait and watch the results of this move!!
No! This is not what Aveo truly needs. What the car demands is a Diesel variant along with fresh looks. Rumors of new model are going on since long and it expected to roll out sometime soon but I'm afraid that where the car will receive better looks, on the other hand it will loose those perfectly designed interiors which I have never seen in a car of this segment. You actually feel upmarket as well as rich quality after getting inside the Aveo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Aveo surely looks more than what it costs.Believe me even today no one can match it on the interior front.IMO the car has good looks,good interiors,good comfort,good bulid but where it lacks is the engine front.No diesel engine & a mushy gearbox.I'll definately put up a review soon with the pros & cons.
And just to inform everyone, the Next gen Aveo is more than a year away.
The sedan will get a 1.3 Multijet diesel with VGT(90+ BHP)
That is the one to look out for.

Top Bottom