New Honda CR-V Launched in India (Coverage: Pg.2)

Thread Starter #1
Honda is up and running to launch Diesel CR-V in India in 2015. The Diesel CR-V will be powered by the 1.6 iDTEC Earth Dreams Engine which produces 118 BHP and 300 NM of Torque. It will be mated to a 6-Speed Gearbox. The engine is likely to be assembled at Honda's New Tapukara Plant in Rajasthan. It will help Honda to price it competitively. With car already being Assembled here expect the Cost of the car to remain low. Honda is targeting Heavy localization to keep cost down. All in all a good move by Honda. Now lets wait and watch New Civic and Accord too being launched with Oil Burner

Last edited:
Re: Rumor: Honda To Launch Diesel CR-V in 2015

How many of us would rather prefer a civic with 1.6L diesel burner if not with 2.0L ? If they can get in the CRV with 1.6L, 118bhp when the competitors are getting 2.8 or 3.0L engines, then why cant they get this 1.6L in the civic and get it here in our market ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

1.6L engine in a 25lakh+ suv .The first word that came to my mind "lol"

@ ajay - using a smaller engine in a suv will be cost effective for honda. But I don't see why they can't launch civic with 1.6.

If they launch it then civic, Cr-v and even the accord will have the same engine. Won't this affect the sales of accord?

Thread Starter #6

I hope this rumor come true. [;)]
When Honda had launched Petrol CR-V they had said Diesel Version will come at later stage and thats why Honda is launching it in 2015. I will book one as soon as it comes. Lets hope its cheaper then Santa Fe.

2015 Honda CR-V Facelift.
It’s not known whether the updated CR-V will adopt any engine changes over the current model, which is sold with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder for entry-level variants, and a 2.4-litre petrol unit or 2.2-litre turbo diesel for those models with all-wheel drive
2015-honda-cr-v-front.jpg
The most obvious changes for the CR-V include a new chrome line that dips under the grille and connects the headlights, while it appears that LED daytime running lights rim the edges of the headlight clusters. A new front bumper with chrome highlights and a more rugged looking underbody bash-plate also give the CR-V a bit more chunkiness
2015 Honda CR-V facelift unveiled | CarAdvice

Last edited:

Launching on 1st October with the only pertol vraiant.

2015-honda-cr-v-facelift-pricing-specifications-announced-photo-gallery_3.jpg
2015-honda-cr-v-facelift-pricing-specifications-announced-photo-gallery_5.jpg
2015-honda-cr-v-facelift-pricing-specifications-announced-photo-gallery_16.jpg
2015-honda-cr-v-facelift-pricing-specifications-announced-photo-gallery_25.jpg

The most basic of the entry-level LX model, coming as standard with front-wheel drive and an Earth Dreams Technology 2.4-liter direct injection i-VTEC gasoline-fed engine mated to a CVT gearbox. In fact, that's the only engine available, but with this mid-cycle facelift, engineers made it a little bit more frugal, with fuel economy ratings increasing 4 mpg city / 3 mpg highway / 3 mpg combined over the 2014 model year CR-V with front-wheel drive
The previously mentioned mpg improvements apply to the all-wheel drive 2015 Honda CR-V as well, now boasting with 26 mpg city / 33 mpg highway / 28 mpg combined. To summarize other upgrades coming on the entry-level LX, customers get a mildly redesigned exterior and cabin, as well as sliding sunvisors and a center console with an armrest incorporating rear air ducts.
2015 Honda CR-V Facelift Pricing, Specifications Announced [Photo Gallery] - autoevolution

The Honda CR -V released for Europe is of interest to Indian market -because Honda's 2015 CR-V Facelift for Europe Gets New 160PS 1.6L Diesel !

2015-Honda-CR-V-EU-1.jpg

From the above post (US Version) changes are trivial as they are limited to lowered suspension, sportier wheels, certain matte (instead of glossy) chrome trim accents, a shark fin antenna, and a more compact protection plate on the front bumper.
Other than that, they feature the same visual updates over the pre-facelift CR-V including new headlamps, grille, fog lights, skid-plate and bumper on the business end, and new LED
combination lamps, a refreshed tailgate design and bumper on the party end.
There's big news for the European model under the hood as Honda is replacing the 150PS (148hp) and 350Nm 2.2-litre i-DTEC diesel with a next-generation 1.6-liter i-DTEC unit rated at 160PS (158hp) and 350Nm that emits less than 130g/km of CO2 when fitted with the 6sp manual, an improvement of 11 percent.

The 160PS 1.6L diesel is also offered with a new 9-speed automatic that has CO2 emissions of less than 135g/km, which represents a 20 percent improvement over its predecessor.

Honda will continue to offer a two-wheel drive version of the CR-V with a 120PS (118hp) 1.6-liter i-DTEC diesel with emissions as low as 117 g/km, as well as a 2.0-liter petrol engine in both 2WD and 4WD with manual or automatic transmissions.
Honda's 2015 CR-V Facelift for Europe Gets New 160PS 1.6L Diesel

Man those alloys are killer! Hope that they make it to production vehicles.
1.6L engine delivering 118 BHP in this segment!! A big LOL!!!:lol!: This engine is what should have been in the City or maybe they should plonk it in the Civic and see it fly off the shelves. A lot of people will buy the Civic with a diesel heart. For the CRV, why can't they get us the international 2.2L Earth Dreams Diesel engine. After all the competitors are offering better powered engines.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Well I don't think that 1.6 L engine can be a good choice for a proper SUV like the CR-V. It should be more than a 2.0 L engine to be called as an SUV. Verna/ Optra et al have a 1.6 L engine which is powerful since the overall dynamics of the cars in that segment including the weight is different. With a 1.6 L engine who will be the competitors of the CR-V? I assume it to be a dud with a small power mill.

Come on guys, get your act together Honda. Think and re-think, even plain MUV like Innova comes with a 2.5 L engine. With a 1.6 L engine the CR-V will loose out on performance for sure.

As far as Civic is concerned, It is to be globally phased out soon. Making it re-enter with a 1.6 L engine will kill the sales of CITY and Honda Amaze. Already at the time of going off-record the Civic had 1.8 L engine so any down-sizing will be a bad move.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #12

Yes 1.6 L engine is small and 118 bhp might not be enough, but the 310 nm torque it offers is enough I would say for a car weighing around 1.5 tonne. Its also very efficient & low on emissions. According to reviews it does 0-100 in 11 seconds and averages 62.8 mpg (22.3 kmpl), although the SantaFe is quicker to 100 (9.7 sec to be precise) but it has a 197 bhp engine. So I don't think the CRV will feel underpowered at all. It all depends on gearing and tuning. The Skoda Laura had a 110bhp & 250nm engine and it wasn't by any means underpowered. It was the gearing that did the trick there and I expect Honda to do the same when it comes to India next year.

I read somewhere that the AWD MT will get a 1.6L engine with 158 BHp and 350Nm torque while the Two wheel drive MT will get the 1.6L in a lower state of tune with 118 BHP.

The 2015 CR-V is powered by a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder, i-DTEC diesel engine from Honda's Earth Dreams Technology series. This engine produces 158 bhp and 350 Nm of torque and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Honda claims that it emits a class-leading 130 g/km of CO2, which is 20% better than its predecessor. The two-wheel drive diesel CR-V, available with a manual transmission, will be pwered by the 1.6 litre, 118 bhp i-DTEC diesel engine, which emits 117 g/km of CO2.

Honda CR V AWD Honda CR-V is More Like FWD, fails test
I always wanted to buy CR-V ever since I started loving automobiles. 2015 CR-V just looks awesome with that elegant still muscular design language. I agree with Rollerdude, those alloys are simply stunning!

But boy, what this report says [surprise]? 4WD does not work as desired in CR-V? Hope, Honda guys work this out before this 2015 face lift.

Top Bottom