Chevrolet India Recalls Enjoy To Replace Faulty Air Filter Element

Thread Starter #1
My complaint was increasing engine sound @ 10000 kilometers , the periodic service advised by Chevy is at 15000 kilometers.

Chevrolet India recalls the Enjoy to replace faulty air filter element:-

Chevrolet India identified that the air filter supplied for the Enjoy is faulty and they are keen enough to run a campaign to replace the air filter along with Engine oil and Engine oil filter for free of cost.

As explained by the service advisor , The Chevy India suspects that the faulty air filter could have took more dust in to the engine. So they replaced the engine oil and Engine oil filter along with the faulty air filter.

After changing the oil the engine seems to be silent now.

The next faulty part identified till date is the break pad/shoe .

As explained by the service adviser , The break pad is made of a mixture of asbestos and metal. In which faulty pads were found of the enjoy's manufactured till last August. The faulty is 'high metal content in the pad' which make the rotor to wear off faster. For the identified vehicles they are replacing the rotor for free of cost. But the SA advised that break pad has to be purchased, i don’t understand the logic behind it?

My complaint was increasing engine sound @ 10000 kilometers , the periodic service advised by Chevy is at 15000 kilometers.

Chevrolet India recalls the Enjoy to replace faulty air filter element:-

Chevrolet India identified that the air filter supplied for the Enjoy is faulty and they are keen enough to run a campaign to replace the air filter along with Engine oil and Engine oil filter for free of cost.

As explained by the service advisor , The Chevy India suspects that the faulty air filter could have took more dust in to the engine. So they replaced the engine oil and Engine oil filter along with the faulty air filter.

After changing the oil the engine seems to be silent now.

The next faulty part identified till date is the break pad/shoe .

As explained by the service adviser , The break pad is made of a mixture of asbestos and metal. In which faulty pads were found of the enjoy's manufactured till last August. The faulty is 'high metal content in the pad' which make the rotor to wear off faster. For the identified vehicles they are replacing the rotor for free of cost. But the SA advised that break pad has to be purchased, i don’t understand the logic behind it?
Mistakes Happen everywhere . But it is a good sign that they take indian consumers seriously and do justice. I think Chevy is doing the right thing.

And yes, i don't see a logic too. Rotors for free, but no pads ? Indian consumers like it when things are changed for free, why spoil the Party ?

Jeno

Hi

As per Viswas statement he got all the oils changed like ENGINE OIL,GEARBOX OIL,DIFFERENTIAL OIL and AIR FILTER,OIL FILTER with the Frond DISC and pad.
When i approached my dealer they are saying ENGINE OIL,AIR & OIL FILTERs only going to change [confused]

I dont know whether a fault is based on STATE TO STATE or its purely Dealershiop !

Kindly help me [frustration]

Thread Starter #4
For me it was head lamps (due to fog), engine oil,engine oil filter and air filter. I am yet to change the rotors. But the SA told me that they won't change the break pads.

On first service I also got the powersteering hose changed free of cost with noreason. Now i suspect if it was a campagin ? But they charged rs. 35 for the clip, thats how I came to know that they changed the hose.

I got all the gear box and differential oil changed since I had the oil leaking issue. For which they had to drain and sort out the issue. Just got it confirmed from SA. Sorry for the confusion.

Regarding the front disks and pads, if you have issues with your braking system (like grinding noise etc) they will replace it under warranty. I too have got them replaced.

Thread Starter #6
Yet an other recall , this time for a ECU firmware upgrade and engine oil change. I also got my second sevice done with the campaign. Since the engine oil and oil filter was free of cost the second service bill was below 1800 INR

Top Bottom