Ford Equips Figo 2014 With WiFi Facility

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In an attempt to make it a more competitive package, Ford has equipped the Figo with new features which are available as a part of ‘special value pack’ for Rs.9,790.

Special Value Pack Features:

> WiFi Connectivity

> LED Interior Lighting

> Color Coordinated Seat Covers

> New Mars Red Color (As seen on EcoSport)

Furthermore, Ford has also included additional features in lower variants as a part of standard equipment.

Ford Figo EXi Now Gets:

> Bluetooth Connectivity

> Dual DIN Audio + 4 Speakers + Roof antenna

Ford Figo ZXi Now Gets:

> Driver Side Airbag

> Electric Adjust Outside Mirrors

Ford Figo 2014 will be marketed through ‘Smart is the new cool’ campaign. This car was also showcased at the recent Auto Expo: Ford: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage.
“At Ford, we believe in democratization of technology and have been driving consumer focused innovation across our product range. Ford Figo was the first car in its segment to introduce Bluetooth connectivity and is setting a benchmark by offering internet connectivity on-the-go. The 2014 Ford Figo will redefine smart and further strengthen its credentials as a reliable vehicle with an outstanding value-for-money proposition.” - Vinay Piparsania, Executive director, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice. But what about the rear power windows? I don't know why the Ford is so dumb about it? Why they don't wanted to change the rear design to accommodate the power windows?

Nice. But what about the rear power windows? I don't know why the Ford is so dumb about it? Why they don't wanted to change the rear design to accommodate the power windows?
The design of the Figo(Old Fiesta) rear door does not allow the glass to go down fully. It is the biggest hindrance for Ford to provide power window in rear doors.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
The design of the Figo(Old Fiesta) rear door does not allow the glass to go down fully. It is the biggest hindrance for Ford to provide power window in rear doors.
And changing the design is easier said than done which itself will require a huge investment by the company. Hope Ford takes a note of this issue in the next generation Figo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Special Value Pack Features:

> WiFi Connectivity

> LED Interior Lighting

> Color Coordinated Seat Covers

> New Mars Red Color (As seen on EcoSport)

Furthermore, Ford has also included additional features in lower variants as a part of standard equipment.

Ford Figo EXi Now Gets:

> Bluetooth Connectivity

> Dual DIN Audio + 4 Speakers + Roof antenna

Ford Figo ZXi Now Gets:

> Driver Side Airbag

> Electric Adjust Outside Mirrors

Drive Safe,
350Z[/JUSTIFY]
I can't guess how useful that WiFi be? At least for the driver? Which I am more concerned about. Moreover, if I were to pick, I would rather not, as I would like to spend better quality time with the car and the occupants than the mobile [;)]

Rightly covered. That would have been a game changer for Ford than these not so useful features. IMO, it's just a fancy and fantasy type of attraction.

And changing the design is easier said than done which itself will require a huge investment by the company. Hope Ford takes a note of this issue in the next generation Figo.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Agreed that the design is the constraint and this is the excuse Ford has been giving since ever they launched Figo. However, that's a constraint only for the windows to roll down completely and not to power it up, right? So, how about Liva, Punto etc.? Like Figo, the rear windows rolls down only to 60% in those cars too. They still managed to get them powered right? I have asked the same question earlier in other threads too.

The point is, they don't want to add anything major and increase the cost substantially which would affect the sales.

Top Bottom