No doubt TATA Nano AMT is a beauty in several areas be it AC, cabin space, features for the given price with frugal engineering. Its a perfect car for city driving. TATA Nano team has done a remarkable job. Let us not compare it with any other cars like Alto/eon or expect it to do too much in highway, which is clearly wrong IMO
. Recently had the test drive of XTA model and decided that I should choose this purple colored car for a perfect city drive.
Also I wish the credit card based 0% interest payment scheme is reintroduced by TATA. Hope some one from Tata Motors is reading posts from online forums to understand cutomer expectations on this product and with that intent Im posting the below recommendations.
1) Generous Cabin space with marathon AC cum heater
2) Fully loaded features like USB music system and Bluetooth for the given price.
3) Enough leg space and headroom, for all which is a main USP.
4) Body strength is improved a lot compared to predecessors
5) Open able boot which is solid in build.
6) Engine sound is well refined.
7) Fuel display with fuel economy (IFE)
8) Perfect for city drives
9) Outclassed maruti alto in several fronts.
Changes expected in next update
1) Steering wheel with a flat bottom for more leg room(atleast in top end model)
2) External fuel filler hose.
3) Provide grey (honda city) and maroon (skoda) color shades. Multiple color shades in built to order.
4) Tachometer for manual variant.
5) Fuel gauge be needle based.
6) Gear indicator marking in Speedo console in manual variant
7) Alloy wheel be standard in top variant.
8) Head rest for rear seats. Sliding rear seat.
9) Change the design language similar to smart swatch car
10) Side view mirror with turn indicator light.
11) Optional LED headlamps.
12) Engine start only when driver seat belt is active + push button start.
Wish list for TATA Nano
1) Optional Airbags
2) Change the design language similar to smart swatch car
3) Better suspension like swift. Current one is like WagonR.
4) Increase list of accessories in ebay or flipkart
5) Provide a variant with super charger (electric blower) rather than a all new 800cc petrol.
6) Damper for front doors.
7) Sliding rear seat to increase leg space, when boot is not used
8) Front disc brake (option)
9) Central LCD display for parking display, GPS navigation
10) Android app for owner to run OBD from smart phone.
11) Day night ORVM
12) User configurable top speed limit