Tata Zest vs Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent vs Ford Figo Sedan

Which is the Best Compact Sedan in India

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
The fast-growing compact sedan segment in India's automobile industry is set for heavy competition with Tata Motors and Ford India they unveiled their products and Hyundai India joining in on Tuesday.
Tata Motors introduced its compact sedan Zest, along with its Bolt hatchback, ahead of the Auto Expo to be held from February 5 to 11. Ford made the global unveiling of its Figo Concept, which will be its first compact sedan offering in India.
The new entrants will take on Dzire from Maruti Suzuki and Amaze from Honda, which are priced between Rs 5.69 lakh and Rs 7.77 lakh.
Compact car sales in India are expected to grow from about a million units last year to roughly 2 million units in 2018, Consumers are more demanding than ever, wanting and expecting more from their cars, even if they are first-time buyers.

So finally who are the winner in this space lets find out in comming days [clap]

Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire:

swift-dzire-2012-b.jpg
maruti-swift-dzire_505_020112030605.jpg

Honda Amaze:
Honda-Amaze-Press-Picture-7.jpg
honda-amaze-image-8004.jpg

TATA ZEST:

main-1-tata-zest-030214.jpg
720x540x2014-Tata-Zest-Rear-720x540.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZO84DII-Xd.jpg

Hyundai Xcent:

main-1-hyundai-xcent-040214.jpg
2-hyundai-xcent-040214.jpg

Ford Figo Concept:

Ford-Figo-Concept-press-shot.jpg
Ford-Figo-Concept-press-shot-rear-quarter-1024x548.jpg

TATA Indigo CS:

exterior_1.jpg

Last edited:
re: Mega Comparo – Tata Zest vs Maruti Swift Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent vs For

As of now we can comment only about looks.

My choice would be-
1. Ford Togo
2. Tata Zest
3. Maruti Dezire
4.Tata Indigo CS
5. Hyundai Xcent
6. Honda Amaze

Rest, let the cars hit the road.

But driving dynamics and handling of the Tata Zest tuned with the inputs from Narayan Kartikeyan is a commendable step and should have given it a brilliant and sporty ride.

Last edited:
re: Mega Comparo – Tata Zest vs Maruti Swift Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent vs For

My vote is only for Tata Zest, only and only if people are happy with an excellent A$$ and not any shabby or "Needs Improvement" is experienced with Tata's vehicles ownership!

So all the best to a improved looks Tata and hopefully a better A$$ experience for people [:)]

I vote for TATA ZEST because of the looks and interiors.

Voted for Zest! Reason being good interior looks and with the hope that price will be lower than the others.

Voted for Tata Zest purely for looks (both exterior & interior). Hoping that Tata will price it well.

I vote for Zest.

Looks:
Though subjective, I feel Zest scores over Indigo CS, Amaza Desire and Xcent. Mixed reaction with Respect to Figo. Front for figo sedan is aggressive where as rear is spartan. Zest scores over all. HID projectors score in favour of Zest.

Interiors:
Zest hands down. No two ways about it.
Figo sedan is second.

Performance:
This is yet to be seen but Qjet 1.3 has served very well on Manza and this car being lighter, the 1.3 would be more than sufficient and give a nice peppy feel to it.
Revotron is yet to be tested.
Amaze, dezire have already been tried and tested. Xcent, Figo sedan, Zest are good on paper. But from on paper strenght I tend to go in favour of Zest, hence again its Zest for me.

Space:
Any doubts? Its Tata DNA.. its Zest.

Zest as of now, looks the best in the lot. Tata has improved by leaps and bounds with design and interiors. Also with new revotron engine its something to look out for. Hope they can improve on their A$$ otherwise all this will go down the drain.

Figo Concept could have been on top of the chart if they would have come up with complete package and also released it a bit early. But my heart says if the pricing is right for Figo and it has same driving dynamics as Fiesta it can do wonders for Ford.

Xcent doesn't bring anything revolutionary and will reap the benefits of Grandi10 success.

Amaze will be the most effected and will be interesting to see how maruti will stand up to this competition(not by another limited edition as someone quoted here)

Last edited:

I think Zest is the best looking compact sedan, moreover the interiors are wonderful. If i have to choose a sub 4 meter sedan it will be Zest but TATA should price it sensibly. Most importantly TML should immediately launch Zest without waiting otherwise they may loose many potential customers.

Superior interiors, advance next Gen infotainment system with voice recognition(harman, 1st in class), excellent fit and finish quality in its segment(if is is priced to compete with dzire), multi drive mode(1st in class) makes ZEST a class apart so voted for ZEST.

Thread Starter #14

my choice is always TATA [:D]

this time iam supprised to see that Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire is a market leader in terms of sales chat but till now not even vote aquired thats really shocking to me :stupid:

2014 is going to be promising year for Indian customer as lots of cars are lined up for launch; it will be tight situation for Maruti to maintain their sales chart.

I personally liked ford Figo with its new avatar, front grill looks more similar to Aston Martin.

RegardS

Top Bottom