I am starting this thread to pour in ideas from TAI
members to understand why Tata Motors is failing even with many VFM
1. Historically, Tata Indica ruined HM Ambassador - still successful in taxi segment.
2. Less than 4m Sedan - Concept of Tata Motors - Yes I'm talking about Tata Indigo. Then Swift Desire ruined Indigo sales.
3. Tata Indica Vista - Good car, Fiat's engine and gearbox - still couldn't meet expected sales target.
3. Tata Manza real VFM
sedan - still couldn't meet expected sales target. I own one.
4. Tata Nano - Marketing mistake of placing it as World's chepest car and nobody like to hear that (s)he is driving a cheap car!
5. Tata Aria - Real good car - But pricey, in a sense not VFM
, wastage of money.
6. Tata Sumo - Good car but nobody owns for personal use. When I thought between Tata Manza and Tata Sumo, I couldn't buy Tata Sumo due to the stigma of owning a call-center cab! - added thanks to Anshuman's feedback!
Why are taxi operators still preferring Tata cars? Must be they are VFM
, lots of space and comfort, car never gets halted in the middle of road, less costly to buy and maintain. Tata diesel should see huge volume the since most of the peple are preferring diesel to petrol for personal use now-a-days.
I know Tata dealers are not from any civilized society, they are from jungle and hence ASS
will treat you somewhere between fleet-operator and a car-owner if you own a Tata car for personal use. But when I could save lots of money by buying/keeping Tata car, I chose to deal with those janglees.
Tata car niggles should not put someone off since they can be fixed with less cost when one visits ASS
Does it mean that people prefer to spend much more just to get rid of a few niggles, Tata brand?
I personally feel that if it were Toyota Indica, Toyota Indigo, Toyota Indica Vista, Toyota Manza or even Toyota Aria with same prices and may be with same niggles, they would still have been hot-selling.
I hope it's not acceptable an accptable statement that Tata cars are seemed to be taxis. Then I see so many Toyota Innova, Swift Desire (with "Same Fare" poster) but they are equally successful in personal car segment. Please discuss why you won't buy a Tata car for personal use. Yes, you won't, not why you will since most of the people won't prefer to own a Tata car for personal use.