Travelogue Turned Into Nightmare: Skoda Horror Story

Thread Starter #1
A travelogue turned out into a nightmare with a horrifying experience.

Stranded in a place for 7 days due to a major breakdown costed me more than a lakh of Rupees; Happened due to a manufacturing defect of a crucial Skoda Original part replaced a few months back.

My sincere thanks to THE GOD, Smooth Rider, his friend Suresh.

Follows shortly

Attachments

Re: A travelogue turned out into a nightmare

Ram sir, I was in the same situation many times.I pray it doesn't happen again for you.your car is a well maintained one. where it happened? which part malfunctioning caused this?

all is well:

Ram Sir, Hope things are fine with you. Eager to know the details of the issue.
What happend to your vehicle? The travelogue can be delayed. Safety first, hence things to bring back to normal condition.

Ram Sir,
I know that you do care for your car and always try to keep it in the best possible condition. What happened Sir? What makes you stranded, that too for all seven days? Are you OK?
Please post the details ASAP.
Warm regards,
Rahul

Really sad to hear the incident. Saw just now. Otherwise would have called up and checked it. :( Sorry to hear. Hope both are in good health.

:(

Ram sir,

What happened to Octy?

Never expected such a sad news from You.

Hope Mrs and Mr.Ram is fine.

First make you free from all problems and let the things to settle.

It is not a right time to call You, otherwise would have called you. Will call You tomorrow.

Have a peaceful sleep. Good Night.

Sorry to hear this Ram Sir. What exactly happened. Hope you and your family are safe and secure.

By the pics I feel Ram ji got stranded somewhere in Kerala.
The story of Skoda breaking down is not new at all.
I hope everything will be alright at the earliest.

Hello Ram,

It is very unpleasant to see such thing.
Could you please share what has happened.

Thread Starter #14

Day : 1

It has been a month now that me and Smooth Rider (Dr Rajeev Ram) were planning for a trip to North Eastern States and Bhutan. I wanted to take a road trip to Leh on the way back from Bhutan. And for the final discussions and planning I thought of meeting him in person.

It was on 11th January 2014 at 6 am, we started our trip to Payyangadi (Kerala), the native town of SR. I had booked the accommodation for a night at Gokulam Resorts near Kasargode, and the plan was to return back by 12th evening. Accordingly we had taken our baggage with a pair of extra dresses. The route taken was Mysore – Medikeri – Kasargode. We stopped for breakfast at a restaurant on the way to Mysore around 8 am. We continued the drive and took the Mysore bye pass to Madikeri. The roads were excellent till Madikeri, but I was driving in a relaxed way keeping the speed limit 120 kmph. From Madikeri we took a left turn to Mangalore road thinking that it will be an excellent high way too.

After 20 kms the road condition was worsening progressively due to the lane expansion works. After 50 kms, the car’s power had dropped suddenly and the engine electronics light started glowing. I stopped the vehicle and called up my service advisor at Skoda service center, so initially we were suspecting the turbo and nothing major. He advised me to take the vehicle to a garage and show to a mechanic and get it checked. I called up SR and he spoke to a mechanic, which is again 60 kms away. I drove the vehicle slowly, went to the Resort on the way, checked in and kept the baggage. After freshened up, we proceeded to the workshop and shown to the mechanic, but he couldn't find out the fault.

Meantime, SR also reached there in his Vento. And through his known sources he spoke to the people at Bosch Service center which is after Kannur and 70 kms away. They asked me to bring the vehicle on Monday. And without rectifying the problem I didn't want to take the risk.

I had no other option but to wait till Monday, and I called up the Resort and extended my stay for a day too. We then went to SR’s house, had a discussion with him and his friend Suresh, who was with him during his Leh trip. We started around 10 pm after the dinner from his house, and the resort is 40 kms away.
Before reaching the resort, some 10 kms away, the engine condition became worst, with heavy miss firing. Some how I could manage to drive till the resort.

Hi friends, thank you all for the response and concern.

It was a major breakdown and Skoda service center people helped me a lot, beyond their limits during the distress.

to be continued

Attachments

Thread Starter #15

Remaining pictures of day. 1

Attachments

Top Bottom