Skoda December 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Rapidly Fading Away

Tata Motors December 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Ok Tata Bye Bye

Toyota December 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Liva' Little

Volkswagen December 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Das Drag

Disclaimer: We always strive to provide 100% accurate data but can’t claim any responsibility due to the nature of sources.​

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Here's the summary report and press release from SIAM.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Production

The industry produced a total 1,734,593 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in December 2013 as against 1,698,107 in December 2012, registering a growth of 2.15 percent over the same month last year. The growth continues to be on account of growth in two wheelers production.

Domestic Sales

The overall domestic sales during April-December 2013 grew marginally by 2.30 percent over the same period last year. Again this is because of growth in two wheelers sales.

The sales of Passenger Vehicles declined by (-) 5.72 percent during April-December 2013 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans dropped by (-) 4.92 percent, (-) 4.39 percent and (-) 15.06 percent respectively during April-December 2013 compared to the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 18.38 percent in April-December 2013 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered negative growth at (-) 26.92 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles also dropped by (-) 13.90 percent.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 9.31 percent in April-December 2013 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers declined by (-) 10.38 percent and (-) 4.37 percent respectively in April-December 2013 over April-December 2012.

Two Wheelers registered growth of 5.40 percent during April-December 2013 over April-December 2012. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters and Motorcycles grew at 19.89 percent and 2.48 percent respectively, while Mopeds declined by (-) 10.64 percent in April-December 2013 over April-December 2012.

Exports

During April-December 2013, overall automobile exports grew by 6.08 percent. Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered growth at 8.49 percent 16.13 percent and 4.65 percent respectively, while Commercial Vehicles declined by (-)12.59 percent during April-December 2013 compared to the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Looks like a bit late for the sales figures.Hope it was due to delay from manufacturer's side.Coming to the figures, Maruti must wake up to the reality that Ritz is not favored by the people even with an oil burner, but the real question is who gave the green flag for this design for production?! Renault looks like they are getting ready for Fluence face-lift, other wise can't find why it has sudden spoke in sales figures. Aria also got a relatively better month on the back of heavy discounts, beats me why TATA want to flog this dead horse! Fabia also finds 400 homes, I was under the impression that it's production has been discontinued. Hyundai has found a cannibal in Grand i10,for it is eating into i10 and i20 sales. Can't understand what keeps Fiat,Mitsubishi all afloat!Ford has lost its way, nobody could have made the Ecosport thing messier.At this rate by the time Ford has spiked production there won't be much customers left. Classic selling at two digits shows it's breathing is last, will the price cut keep it alive for another year is anybody's guess. The industry needs some new launches or else the sales ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Ford Ecosport & Honda Amaze seem to be fading away after the initial surge in sales. Grand i10 enters the top 10. [:)]

Tata again falling to one more position down, now 5th position sharing with Ford. This fall was anticipated. Honda and Ford are climbing up in the positions. Tata will have hard time ahead. Overall product sale is reduced, may due to year end. People may go for new year with new models. Only few manufactures are having Dec2013 sales more than Nov2013 sales. Others have Dec2013 sales lower than Nov2013 sales. Year end factor in sales.
  • Maruti (49.62), Hyundai(16.24), Mahindra (9.42), Toyota (5.31), and Tata (3.36) Ford(3.36).
  • Maruti (43.86), Hyundai(17.18), Mahindra (8.60), Tata (5.32), and Toyota (5.24).

Last edited:
My views:-
*Hyundai Grand i10 hits its own siblings more than the Swift.
*Ritz has declined as Swift is now readily available.
*Amaze declines after initial excitement,so is the Ecosport.
*There is no stopping Maruti now-With the well rounded Celerio and YL1 in its pipeline,Maruti will gain atleast another 6-7k numbers.Even if the YL1 doesn't come close to City,it will certainly do well than the old SX4.Celerio in my opinion will kill the likes of Spark/Beat/Old i10. Santro has its own set of customers. Maruti should introduce 3 engine options for the celerio-K10B,K12M and its 800cc diesel. That will cover enough grounds.
Maruti 800 is selling 4 times more than the Nano,this car just refuses to die,thanks to rural and tier 3 city demands. Maruti should make it BS4 complaint,as they already have Omni. M800 still makes for a very good city runabout,which is cheapest and reliable. Off topic,my 800 costs me lesser to service than my Pulsar 220 or the XCD 135,on a yearly basis.
Its also often said that Maruti has been unsuccessful in segment above 10 Lacs. Its not their image but its them who are responsible for its doom. Manufacture GV and Kizashi locally and price them from 12 Lacs maximum.They can very well do it,as a CBU Kizashi costs 17Lacs,when assembled locally,they can very easily price it at 12 Lacs. Also plonk a diesel (1.9 DDiS) and see them flying off the showrooms.
*TATA-Well the less said,the better. They don't seem to be going anywhere with those numbers.
*FIAT-Good Job,a slow but steady growth is helping them. Slow and Steady wins the race

How come Amaze & EcoSport numbers are negative when they already have booking for next copule of months? Also its only 1 new Fiesta sold in December?

My views:-
*Hyundai Grand i10 hits its own siblings more than the Swift.
*Amaze declines after initial excitement,so is the Ecosport.
*There is no stopping Maruti now-With the well rounded Celerio and YL1 in its pipeline
Totally agree with these views. [thumbsup] Both Maruti & Tata have a good line-up to come in next couple of months. Let's see what happens.

Interesting numbers:

- One one hand we have Grandi10 coming into Top 10 but clearly it has achieved it by eating Eon and i10 number, a well executed strategy or a miss-fire?

- Was Renault discount and offer so lucrative or did they offer on the floor something which was never advertised. See their growth for almost all models and one cannot shy away from amazing sales they have made.

- Fiat would be happy to see their tireless hard work of past year paying off and sales growing steadily. Do we need more variant from them to make them more attractive?

- Interesting would be Maruti's position in 2014 with new introduction in Sub 4L segment, Sedan and compact SUV in pipeline from them. Presently they are doing good on their major bets and have hardly lost their share to market. On Question is how many days Estilo will Run before the race ends?

Totally agree with these views. [thumbsup] Both Maruti & Tata have a good line-up to come in next couple of months. Let's see what happens.
Frankly speaking,I'm not too impressed by TATA's coming range,they just have refreshes. Storme style refresh is not going to cut the mustard anymore,even if its an all new model under the skin. What TATA needs is a. A brand new Design language,no vertical tail lamps etc, b. Brand new and efficient engine range
C.Lighter yet rigid chassis d. Niggle free products e. Improved service quality. f. Regular commercials-When was the last time you saw commercial for Venture or Aria??
Even if one of them is skipped,TATA will continue their free fall.[frustration]

How come Amaze & EcoSport numbers are negative when they already have booking for next copule of months? Also its only 1 new Fiesta sold in December?
Amaze numbers are low due to City's production,also some people are willing to upgrade to City.
Ecosport has 70% of its production reserved for exports,thus the virtual backlog in India[lol]
Also these numbers are factory to dealer dispatches,not the actual sale by the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
December is generally a slow moving month for the Auto Industry and it was no different in 2013. Seeing the year-on-year change, except for Maruti Suzuki which has gained about 5%, rest all manufacturers seem to be well in negative numbers year on year basis. VW lost about 32%, Toyota about 12%, Tata's 34%, Skoda is down by 40%, Renault by 30%, Mahindra by 27% and so on. It goes to show that December 2013 was even a more dismal showing by the manufacturers than the same time last year. Only the new launches seem to be doing decent numbers for the manufacturers and I am sure the trend will continue this year as well.

A few cars which were doing pretty decently till late have taken quite a dip in sales recently. For example - Ford Figo's numbers are below the 2k mark now, Chevy Cruze sold just about a 100 units in December. I hope the numbers pick up in January and with the dates of the Indian Auto-expo nearing, we could have many new launches in-store over a period of a month from now on.

No issues shashi. I believe that until this report, the exact export/import split of Ecosport has not been known publicly anywhere. Ford must have beeen in a quandry: if they do not publicize the exact split, they will be blamed for exporting too much; if they do publicize the split, then they earn bad name for fumbling with production and supply side issues inspite of having a 1.5 year period between showcasing the Ecosport in 2012 Jan and launch in 2013 June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom