Fiat Punto Avventura "CUV" Now Launched (Details: Pg.7)

Re: Punto adventure mini SUV from fiat

Some how I do not like these adventure/cross versions of the normal hatchback cars, as it looks they are aftermarket modified versions .
Yes ,A real carlover may not like these crossovers as it exactly is what it is ,a modification.But what we all started with Ecosport is boomeranging back to us.We thought Ecosport is the ultimate SUV.But if one see it close ,it is just an overgrown hatchback.Its not a proper SUV .Now we cannot blame the manufacturers as the waiting list of of these type of vehicles is pretty huge.
If the Punto or Etios crossovers are coming with some additional structural strengthening ,they can take some load of Ecosport .Whatsayll?[:D]

Yes, they may not complete SUVs, but they are compact and budget SUVs and are more popular in these days which is proved by the response for Ecosport, so there is no surprise more manufacturers thinking in these grounds[:)]

But there was no hatch back or car which was converted to Ecosport.

But Punto -> Punto Adventure
Polo -> Polo Cross
Etios -> Etios Cross looks more body kit added to existing cars. I guess not even the engine are different.

@Anshuman

I agree with you, but let those models come on road, then the buyer will decide wether they look different or they are merely extended hatchbacks[:)], but this trend is some what looks good as we get a better equipped and spacious hatch(a compact/urban SUV) finally

Do you accept a word 'ShortTall'? I know everyone will be laughing. Same goes for Mini SUV. SUV are utility vehicle which can withstand abuse where as these Mini SUV are not intended for abuse and neither they have space as SUV.
I sometime get confused with corssovers too. If people need more space and drivability, they can choose better saloon. Either I need to be this side or other, not in between. Its merely my opinions, we can argue we can have the benefit of both, but I will say again all these mini SUVs don't withstand abuse or don't have space.

Why can't the stupids at FIAT make a proper compact SUV rather than this half hearted attempt of a contraption? Now we can have a Micra crossover, Alto crossover and what not [frustration].

may be FIAT Punto Crossover is not behave or look like a hardcore SUV but might be it deos good job in kacha rasta like Ecosport because we all know that FIAT Punto is Robust body with higher GC campared to VW CrossPOLO Fiat can able to maintain GC around 180MM to 200MM due their bigger 16'' tyres.

But there was no hatch back or car which was converted to Ecosport.

But Punto -> Punto Adventure
Polo -> Polo Cross
Etios -> Etios Cross looks more body kit added to existing cars. I guess not even the engine are different.
ecosport is based on the fiesta hatch.

the duster is based on the logan hatch. (not necesssarily raise GC type)

so this (mini SUV) along with the etios cross, and polo cross is an half hearted attempt.

Thread Starter #12

Ecosport is not based on fiesta hatch nor the duster is based on Logan hatch .
They are based on a common platform , on which you can make a sedan , hatch , a crossover anything . The Ecosport , fiesta , fiesta hatch and bmax all are based on the b platform .

It would have been better if Toyota and fiat would have made a new design from ground up using the same platform . Like What renault and ford did .

There is nothing unique about making a hatch which is already in the market and turning it in a mini suv , lazy attempt from fiat and Toyota .

Last edited:
Re: Fiat Punto Adventure Mini SUV

I second Raja, ES and Duster may share platform and engine only, but they are completely different than Fiesta or Logan.

The cross/adventure is nothing but adding body kit to existing hatch and marketing as SUV.

There was a display version of Vista Sports also, similar concept.

The crossover trend has failed to capture the attention of Indian markets Cross Polo,Fabia scout earlier and now we have the cross liva and Fiat jumping on the cross bandwagon.The least these companies can do is put in peppier engines rather than the same engines in the normal cars.
Though i must say the Fiat adventure does look good(external) from the initial impressions

Last edited:

Dont forget there was a Fiat Adventure in India sold in 2005-2007 period. It was nothing more than body kit & few BHP added to the Fiat Petra/Siena cars with a station wagon body.

I doubt how many were sold.

Top Bottom