Toyota Etios Liva Cross Priced at Rs.5.76 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Revealed in Brazil in November 2013, the Etios Cross from Toyota Motors will make its presence felt at the upcoming 2014 Auto Expo in February. Slated to be sturdier and more rugged than Etios Liva hatchback, the new Etios Cross will add fresh appeal into the Toyota lineup in India.

Caught on test recently in Magarpatta City, Pune, the new Toyota Etios Cross will be based on the Liva. Exteriors will receive some upgrades with silver skid guard and a new front bumper and will be seen with black plastic molding on front, sides and rear, while roof rails will be in anodized silver. Diamond cut 10 spoke alloy wheels and Etios Cross badges along with accessory lights on its front bumper will add more sophistication to the upcoming Cross hatchback.

Toyota-Etios-Cross-India-spied.jpg

Toyota-Etios-Cross-in-Argentina-side-view.jpg

Toyota-Etios-Cross-in-Argentina-front-view.jpg

Toyota-Etios-Cross-in-Argentina-rear-view.jpg

Toyota-Etios-Cross-in-Argentina-cockpit.jpg

Toyota Etios Cross spied before Delhi Auto Expo debut | Rush Lane

This definitely doesn't look appealing to me [roll][cry][sleep]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Etios Cross from Toyota - spied ahead of Delhi Auto Expo 2014

Now this is an ugly modification of already boring car by Toyota! [lol]

They should spruce up the interiors rather than bringing such ugly contraptions. Looks disappointing.

Very disappointment from exterior and interior point of view..they will surely have to drop it even after they present in Expo. Etios already have platform they need to try something on line of EcoSports and come up with competitor in this less crowded segment

Toyota we are Indians , we are emotional but not foolish . We have given a lot of respect to your brand wholeheartedly , but that doesn't mean you can take us for granted and on a royal ride . Kindly stop such ugly contraceptions please please .

One query. Where is the ODO meter display? Ugliest interior in any car. I.would rate Nano's interior better than this!

Forgot to add: the speedo console reminds me of Bajaj chetak's speedo meter :D

Last edited:

I think Toyota wants to learn the hard way. Outright ugly in my opinion. The Etios platform is not going to go anywhere with launches like these. Either they should work on the next generation Etios twins with better interior/exterior design, or bring something from their global portfolio like what Ford did with EcoSport. Even after the not so successful run with Etios twins, why does Toyota even want to launch this? Indians demand VFM cars, but somehow manufacturers seem to have interpreted that as cheap.

Re: Toyota Etios Cross Spied Ahead of Auto Expo Unveil

Instead of converting Etios into mini suv,Toyoto should design a new model from scratch

Kindly stop such ugly contraceptions please please .
Hi Raja,
While it was a typo this really looks like contraception failure which has resulted in the person who came up with this contraption as design! I think the designer is on the payrolls of Volkswagen.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Hi Raja,
While it was a typo this really looks like contraception failure which has resulted in the person who came up with this contraption as design! I think the designer is on the payrolls of Volkswagen.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Hey sorry for pointing out the typo . The word correction in IOS behaves weird at times . Thanx for pointing out .

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Toyota is spending enormous amount of money in doing everything but not the one people are waiting for! Redesigning the dashboard! Bring the speedo console back in front of driver! Look at how Hyundai has designed dashboard in EON with limited budget! I know Etios is a low cost car but so does EON! If Hyundai can in do for 3 lakh car why not Toyota for 7 lakh car?

Last edited:

Tushar has just written the exact thing.I can't fathom what kind of morons design vehicles which peoples abhor.Aren't these guys reading the automotive forums?Is designing a good looking car so difficult?

+1 to all who are highly disappointed with toyota for making this ugly duckling. Instead they can launch the Rush which looks far more better than the cross.If they launch Rush in the 10-12 lakh slab it can make an deep impact on the sales of Duster,Ecosport.

attaching some pictures for reference (images sourced from google and link too )

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=t...ACQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=808#imgdii=_

Attachments

Well this is the most hideous looking car from Toyota. I wonder why Toyota take, indians for granted. I guess we Indians should give it back to them and not purchase thier vehicles. Vehicles are being sold only and only for the reason that they have Toyota Heart, Engine. But interiors and designs are pretty bad.

Top Bottom