Exclusive: New BS-4 Maruti Suzuki Alto, Now with K-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After New Bharat Stage – 4 Emission Norms have kicked in, All Indian car makers are rushing to upgrade the engines of their existing models as quickly as possible, So how can leading automaker Maruti Suzuki stay behind with its hot selling models? The Automotive India brings you Exclusive detailed information as well as pictures of “All New Maruti Suzuki Alto” which has just received a Bharat Stage – 4 treatment.

What’s New in BS-4 Alto?

Strictly speaking, the car has no major changes other than engine, but to attract buyers and give them a “fresh” feeling Maruti Suzuki has done a little cosmetic job which is noticeable only if you’re a close observer. A few of the changes over previous model includes:

• Fixed Headrests on Front Seats (Like A-Star)
  • New Steel Wheels design
  • Refreshed Tail Lamps
  • Suzuki Monogram on tailgate
  • Maruti & Alto Stickers, Instead of badges.
  • Two Tone Dashboard
  • New Instrument cluster
  • New Upholstery

So What are the Specifications?

- Price: Rs.2,87,758On Road. (Note: This is after discounts for Govt. Employees)
- Variants Available:
Std, LX, LXi
- Colors Available:

• Midnight Black
  • Ecru Beige
  • Superior White
  • Silky Silver
  • Fire Brick Red
  • Blue Blaze
I've been told that there's no difference in power, torque etc. Thus, specs remain same.

- Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

-Dimensions:

• Height: 1460mm
  • Width: 1475mm
  • Length: 3495mm
  • Wheelbase: 2360mm

And Now Enjoy the Pictures! :smile:

front.jpg

rear.jpg

rear logo.jpg

taillamp.jpg

taillamp2.jpg

cluster.jpg

cennterdash.jpg

dashboard.jpg

doorpad.jpg

glovebox.jpg

seats.jpg

wheel.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
PS: This was pending from a day before but couldn't make it, Anyways finally it is here!

Drive Safe,
350Z

just a engine tune up to comply with BS4. and some cheap marketing gimmicks. the instrument cluster looks bad IMO. and the integrated head rests is also not a very nice idea.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
Rather than some improvements MSIL has tried cost cutting. Even I'm too not impressed with the Fixed Headrest Idea. If you look carefully, There's no Temp. Gauge too but somebody told that it has now gone in digital display! The two tone dashboard looks nice but doesn't feels so in actual.

Drive Safe,
350Z

[thumbsdown]This actually is a disappointment[frustration]. I thought they would plonk in the A-star's powertrain. I dont like the headrests either and the rear stickers instead of badges look loco! In short it looks a little downmarket. Would have been great if they had increased the torque and power. Only relief is that two tone dashboard. And...wait a minute,have they removed the ash tray altogether? I'm not a smoker but still I use it as a cubbyhole.

Last edited:
Hey man , what is this ..

The odo console is too bad. atleast a tachy or fuel gauge (as in figo base) will make it brighter.

And the stereo part , the dummy provided is for double din player - do the customers compulsarily buy a 2 din player! not a good idea

Ya even :agree: the two din layout is gonna make it difficult for getting a single Din unit fixed unless someone comes up with a mod to make it possible. I too dont like the meter console at the moment,but to conclude on that I need to see it light up and see whats in that round glossy area on the left. Looks like a set of lights for the temperature and other gauges.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Either the temperature gauge is not there on the New Alto or it has gone in the digital display, Which I actually doubt.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think the Alto is one of the few cars which have not gone up in price using the BSIV norms as an excuse.
But looking at the pictures, one can kind of guess why!!
The integrated headrest in the front seat looks pretty cheap.
And the idea of removing the badging to replace it with stickers makes it pretty down-market.
Me thinks that this model is going to be hitting the cost-cutting road pretty hard, as Maruti comes up with ways and means of bringing the price down so that it can replace the M800.

And...wait a minute,have they removed the ash tray altogether? I'm not a smoker but still I use it as a cubbyhole.
Short digression, but me thinks in India that most smokers never use the ashtray anyway!!
It is mostly used to hold receipts and whatnot.

Quite dissapointing. I was expecting an upgrade like wagon r. I think maruti did this keep costs in check.
Article in the paper today mentioned the head of R&D at MSIL saying that the Alto would also be coming out with the K-Series engine soon.
So maybe that would be the Alto replacement ... and this low-cost version will be the new M800!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom