Mahindra November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Maruti Suzuki November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen November 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Disclaimer: We always strive to provide 100% accurate data but can’t claim any responsibility due to the nature of sources.

That's a nice work Sam.
Its interesting to note SUV's/MUV's have a higher market share than sedans.Is that a sign of the times to come?
All car manufacturer's can learn from Hyundai, look at how the i10 Grand fares.At the other end is Ford who has messed up a golden chance to make a super hit out of Ecosport.Renault-Nissan is selling the same Dacia and that too >6000 copies of a overpriced soft roader,while Ford has garnered a few thousand cancellations.VAG has to do some serious home work to garner some numbers,come on you can't do much by selling Polo,Vento/Rapid.With the overall market on the downhill only new launches can bring the customers back.But apart from Maruti and Honda can't see anyone having any significant launches in pipeline.Its sad to see TATA's state if this continues they can very well say tata to selling cars,can't believe their audacity to give facelifts to Vista/Manza.Please the customers need something new grounds up.What kind of morons are on TATA's payroll?Its a pity.

Last edited:
Quiet surprising for sudden positive numbers for Chevy Cruze , Ford Endeavour, Hyundai Sonata & Santa -Fe and ofcourse negative numbers for Maruti (Might be post Diwali efect)

Please edit the MoM % for the brio. That should be in positive.1472 in oct 2013 and 1712 in nov 2013.
Amaze MoM should be negative
It is really hard for me to digest the punto stats. Its a much better car

Last edited:
Kudos to Honda for keeping the momentum going even after the holiday season. They deserve and have been indeed rewarded with customer loyalty by people who have been waiting for long time to take their Amaze deliveries.

Ford is really squandering the Ecosport opportunity here. They are just enjoying the lack of real stiff competition in the CUV segment; otherwise, with so many marketing, production and process blunders, they wouldn't have been able to survive.

Punto is a great car - but look at Fiat's dealerships - totally lacklustre lazy experience at Vecto Motors Bangalore when I visited their showroom on a weekend. No one offered a brochure, TD or took my contact.

Great Analysis. Kudos to sam [clap]

I dont know what tatas are thinking or are they thinking at all. They are busy changing stickers on their indica for the new launch
Renault pulse has gone down to 166, which is less than skoda fabia 181
Toyota released new discounts for their (liva/etios 37500)
VW offered discounts upto 60k on polo (6.62 OR kochi)
Ford has started midnight sales
Maruti will announce discounts soon

So this is a buyers market. Book your vehicles this month. Take delivery in 2014

What i find interesting is the number of duster and terrano combined.
considering that both come out of the same factory and are pretty much the same car.

By this badge experiment, they have somehow fizzled out the ecosport numbers by virtue of the duster combine out on MoM basis.

Nice work, Sam Dinakar.

This is the first time, I am reading TAI analysis of sales figures of vehicles. All charts are neatly presented. Special applause for neatly presented charts. I can understand the efforts.

Market share between Tata and Toyota are narrowing down. Toyota coming to 4th position. Interesting. All products of Toyota suffered during November. All negative MOM change. Innova sales may pick up in coming days. The fall in numbers may be due to refreshed product, and people are familiarizing the product. Same with Fortuner. Tata must really look into Aria product. Aria is a good product, but need some product strategy, and marketing to improve sales. Bolero is doing good. Same with Scorpio.

Sam
A wonderful analysis and great presentation-answers the questions that pop into most minds on reading sales figures
Might i request some more analysis-for example could we correlate vehicle sales with the buying and after-market experience? I know the JD power report has its flaws but cant think of anything else to correlate with. Analysis could be by sales by the entire brand versus its scores and also segment-wise and its scores.
We would all suspect a good correlation,but might throw up some interesting observations

Market share between Tata and Toyota are narrowing down. Toyota coming to 4th position.
Honda is poised to snatch the 4th position. It has a 3rd shift starting this month on the Noida plant, then Tapukara plant opening in 2014Q1. With launches of City and Mobilio lined up, I'm sure it will overtake Tata & Toyota in 2-3 months now.

Honda is poised to snatch the 4th position. It has a 3rd shift starting this month on the Noida plant, then Tapukara plant opening in 2014Q1. With launches of City and Mobilio lined up, I'm sure it will overtake Tata & Toyota in 2-3 months now.
+100
You are so right , infact looking at their coming line up , it won't be a surprise that they even take the 3rd spot anytime next year . Only thing that may be a hindrance is their own plant capacity of making cars.

with the MOM and YOY for Ritz

I can see why Maruti is giving 25000/- cash discount on petrol model other than 15000/- exchange or loyalty bonus of 10,000/-

eventhough it's same engine for dzire, ritz and swift
somehow ritz design has not caught attention of users and resulted in downward sales

Maruti is under a double whammy - it's domestic sales are falling and so have it's exports (by 40%+). A showroom near my place which was bustling during last year's festive season was mostly deserted this year.

Bad month for the automotive industry

I wanted to know the sales figures of luxury brands ie Merc,BMW,Audi etc in India.I would like to request you to please provide it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom