Most Important Safety Feature - Indian's Perspective

Which is the most important safety feature

• abs (anti lock braking system)

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • ebd (electronic brakeforce distribution)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • air bags - frontal

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • air bags - all (frontal / curtain)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • anti roll bar

• traction control

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • AWD (all wheel drive)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seat belts

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • electronic stability control

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • crumple zones

• tyre pressure monitors

• abs + seat belt

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • abs + seat belt + airbags

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • abs + ebd + airbags + seat belt

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • abs + ebd + airbags + seat belt + traction control

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • abs + ebd + airbags + seat belt + traction control + AWD

• We are super humans, and we dont require one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
I wish we live in an ideal world, and accidents dont happen. But they do, and on roads, the safety features of cars help save lives. Somehow, In India we dont put so much emphasis on safety, even we are not aware of them. And utilizing this mindset, even the car manufacturers are not responsible enough to offer them in India, claiming to be a cost cutting measure. they do provide at the top end versions, but still some of them rather giving all.

So i am creating this poll, just to understand what we think is the most important safety feature, one should look for.

N.B. I am not mentioning preventive measures like safe driving, bright car colors, reflectors around car, infrared headlamps, etc.. Hope you understand that [:)]

Last edited:
Re: Most important safety feature - Indians perspective

Looking at the Indian perspective, the last option is the best and I chose the same :stupid:

Adn buddy I guess the poll needs to be replanned and adding options like:
a) Seatbelts
b) ABS
c) Airbags
d) ESP, TCS etc

Would have been enough. There are options line ABS + Airbags +Seat belts + TCS...definitely it is the safest combo, then what is the purpose of other options?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Most important safety feature - Indians perspective

There are options line ABS + Airbags +Seat belts + TCS...definitely it is the safest combo, then what is the purpose of other options?
Yes that is definitely the best option, but then trying to understand fellow Indian's mindset. An auto manufacturer provides what the consumers demand. If you see the poll results till now, you can see people do believe other options are better.

If it is about Most important then all the options of checklist should be ticked.

However, if it is a mandate one then Seat-belt, Airbags and ABS atleast should be there in every car on Indian Roads.[clap]

*I liked the last option, Superhuman one!!!

Last edited:
IMO, these should be the standard features in all the cars:
1. Seat Belts ( all car have this)
2. ABS ( Atleast ABS if not with EBD)
With the average highway speed now in triple digit, a distance of few meters and few seconds (with respect to control) can be the difference between a crash or not.

I think one more should get add to the list "Speed Governor" for all vehicle including private and public.This can reduce a lot fatality.On each and very road, all are in rally race mode.

I think one more should get add to the list "Speed Governor" for all vehicle including private and public.This can reduce a lot fatality.On each and very road, all are in rally race mode.
I dont agree with you over this, for governors in private vehicle. As far as Governor in Public vehicles in concerned, more important would be that the Government agencies keep a vigil over it.

I dont agree with you over this, for governors in private vehicle. As far as Governor in Public vehicles in concerned, more important would be that the Government agencies keep a vigil over it.
Do you mean to say private car does not over speed.
I thought high speed is the root of all these safety concern.

bhvm

Honoured Member
you forgot some VERY important stuff
1.common sense.
2. better infrastructure and proper naming (most speed breakers and turns have no boards).
3. absence of potholes (people will try to dodge these madly, unwaware of what's behind or sideways. )
4. banning of animals, beggars,children simply roaming on roads
5. having separate lane for bikers, pedestrians and slow moving vehicles.
6.proper alignment of headlights and legal tested bulbs (curse you buses!!!)

Seatbelts+ ABS+ Airbags - a minimum must have safety in cars, whether in India or Africa.[evil]

Once these are mandatory and integrated in ALL cars sold in India, people won't have any option to assess on and associate the VFM factor with these safety features and will spent a bit more, if otherwise would have gleefully spent for some fancy alloys or music system.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to me, in case of safety features, its the more the merrier. I have voted for:

abs + ebd + airbags + seat belt + traction control

I forgot that this is a multi choice vote, else I would have also voted for -

• Tyre pressure monitors
  • Crumple zones
  • Anti-roll bar
  • Electronic stability control

They all save lives, so why not have them?

One of the most important safety feature I reckon is -

A safe driver

According to me, in case of safety features, its the more the merrier. I have voted for:

abs + ebd + airbags + seat belt + traction control

I forgot that this is a multi choice vote, else I would have also voted for -

• Tyre pressure monitors
  • Crumple zones
  • Anti-roll bar
  • Electronic stability control

They all save lives, so why not have them?

One of the most important safety feature I reckon is -

A safe driver

I am sure all of these features are available in Range Rover and other cars in that category, but I think this poll is more about the features that should be in the cars which the masses have simply because there are more Alto's on road than a Mercedes or a BMW.

I'm surprised that I'm alone to vote for Tyre pressure monitor. Many accidents would have avoided on Mumbai-Pune expressway just by keeping tyre pressure correct and monitoring it!

According to me:

Must have features: Air bags, Seat belts, Tyre pressure monitor & alert (Warning) on pressure rise
Nice to have: ABS, EBD, Trasaction control, Anti roll bar
Optional: electronic stability control, air bags - all, AWD (all wheel drive), crumple zones

Top Bottom