Votes: 31 44.3%
  • I don't know. Still need a TD.

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #2
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift Coming in 1st Quarter 2014

Suzuki carried out a minor facelift exercise on the Swift for the European and Japanese markets in July this year. CarToq reports that Maruti will carry out that facelift for the Swift and Swift Dzire in the first quarter of the next year. There is a good possibility for Maruti to show the updated cars at the Auto Expo, which takes place in the first week of February 2014.

While the exterior changes are limited to the installation of LED daytime running lights, the top-end ZXi/ZDi variants of these vehicles are likely to receive more features. Maruti would include features such as cruise control, keyless entry with engine starter button, auto-up function for the driver’s side power window, leather wrapped steering wheel and a dual-tone dashboard on these variants. Furthermore, the report suggests the addition of 16-inch alloy wheels and a revised front grille.

CarToq suggests that Maruti could increase the prices of the top-end models by INR 50,000-60,000 given the added features. A minor price increase could be rolled out on the other variants as well.

Read more: Report - Refreshed Maruti Swift, Dzire to launch in Q1 2014

Any plans to improve Swift petrol's low end torque? Swift petrol (VVT version) suffers from poor low end torque

Seems a good car. Lets see the review once launched and test drived.

Thread Starter #6

Any plans to improve Swift petrol's low end torque? Swift petrol (VVT version) suffers from poor low end torque
There will be no changes in the petrol engine

In the diesel version launched in japan they have changed the gear ratios resulting in an increased mileage.

Today I spoke to a dealer and he told me that we can book for the new swift by paying 10000 and we will get first preference for facelift swift

I'm seriously hoping that Maruti will resolve issue regarding low end torque in swift petrol in facelifted version. Thats the only reason I'm going for new swift
I'm thinking to book for new swift but not sure if its a wise idea to book even before knowing the model. Any suggestions pls?

I'm seriously hoping that Maruti will resolve issue regarding low end torque in swift petrol in facelifted version. Thats the only reason I'm going for new swift
I'm thinking to book for new swift but not sure if its a wise idea to book even before knowing the model. Any suggestions pls?
Hi terrafield,
Its highly unlikely for Maruti to tune the facelift.Still it may be worth waiting as new Swift is gonna get some nice features.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Hi terrafield,
Its highly unlikely for Maruti to tune the facelift.Still it may be worth waiting as new Swift is gonna get some nice features.
Regards,
Aneesh.
I'm not interested in new features as I'm very much happy with current features. Further if I consider current offer in current swift vs price hike in new swift there will be around 50k difference.

If the new swift doesn't have low end torque issue fixed then I will go for old swift or Grand i10

However Swift is very successful model but i think it is right time to completely replace it if Maruti have to compete with other popular brands like hyundai or toyota.But no doubt Swift was a big success.

Hyundai dealers in Delhi

Thread Starter #11

READ ON OTHER AUTO BLOGS
"Heard from a reliable source that Alpha will be launched in first half of 2014.
It seems Maruti has counting on this one a lot and will start training its Dealer's service staff starting next month.

From what i heard, Maruti is planning four new launches this year - Alpha, A-Star replacement, SX4 replacement and another 800cc car could Cervo.

All these are expected to be showcased in Auto expo. Alpha and SX4 replacement are confirmed to launch soon."

is any of this true?.....

Swift Facelift to debut in July

Maruti will be rolling out the facelift of its most popular model in July.
Amongst the prime revisions will be the daytime running lights right below the fog lamps . The rear sees the design of the centre stop light being revised. Inside the cabin, Maruti has included a push button start, new Bluetooth-enabled music system, dual-tone upholstery and electrically retracting ORVMs. Automatic headlamps are also expected on the top of the line variant.
AMT variant could be released along with the facelift.

Soon after the launch of the Swift facelift, the updated Dzire will also follow.

Exclusive: 2014 Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift To Be Launched In India By July This Year - Overdrive

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift Coming in 1st Quarter of 2014

Expect the interiors to be in similar lines to the UK facelift of Swift. The AMT variant might not be avialable at the facelift launch but will definitely caome later (2015?)

1000x752xmaruti-swift-facelift-4-dashboard_jpg_pagespeed_ic_A1RMo3HLT0.jpg

Top Bottom