• Premier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevrolet

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brand Doesn't Matter

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Given you wish to buy a car, not based solely on specs comparison, but based on the BRAND, which one will you?

Keeping middle class dreams alive, restricting it to MARUTI / HYUNDAI / MAHINDRA / TATA / TOYOTA / HONDA / CHEVROLET / VW / SKODA / FIAT / FORD / FORCE MOTORS / HM / NISSAN / RENAULT / MITSUBISHI / PREMIER

Re: Brand War

If you ask this question to me.

My Answer will be like this : "I'll buy a car which I like and the car which suits to my requirement,Brand doesn't a matter to me"

service and network backup is more important. Every Brand has its own horror as well as good story. All the above, I'm going to buy a car, not a brand. So I'm not voting for any brand.

BTW,Currently I've a car from TATA brand and I'm proud to own an Indian Brand[:)]

Last edited:

I agree with Appu.

I will buy a car which suits all my needs within my budget.

But yes, me and my family have developed a trust and liking towards Mahindra's products and given a choice between two equally good products, one of M&M and the other of a competitor, we would choose the M&M.

To All,

Quality, Durability, Reliability, Applicability, Practicability, ... all 'Ty' factors
and finally Resale Value.

So the 'Ty' factors meets with Toyota. My vote goes to Toyota.

For me its segment wise.

Hatchbacks- Honda (jazz and brio), Fiat (punto)
Sedans- Ford (fiesta) and Honda (city)
SUV's- Mitsubishi (Pajero) and Mahindra (XUV 500)

I will vote for honda as I own one [;)][:D]

Thread Starter #7

If you ask this question to me.

My Answer will be like this : "I'll buy a car which I like and the car which suits to my requirement,Brand doesn't a matter to me"

service and network backup is more important. Every Brand has its own horror as well as good story. All the above, I'm going to buy a car, not a brand. So I'm not voting for any brand.

BTW,Currently I've a car from TATA brand and I'm proud to own an Indian Brand[:)]
Point accepted.. Even I would do the same. But what I am looking at is a choice based on whatever suits you / say you have a car in mind you want to buy / some car you trust. But at the end, which BRAND your vote goes to.

I can only feel sorry for people who buy cars on the sole basis of brands,without looking for one's requirement.I can never buy a car just for the brand.I love to have some German car,but the way they function in the long run I won't put my sweat money on the line.My friends have all upgraded to bigger cars and I am still happy with my 2001Zen,only because of its RELIABILITY.Even if you are very rich it all comes down to reliability not brand,if not Salman Khan wouldn't have felt bad when his Range Rover went for several repairs.This poll is an useless exercise in itself.Don't know what you are trying to get out of this poll?

Last edited:

1.I love to have some German car,but the way they function in the long run I won't put my sweat money on the line.

2.Even if you are very rich it all comes down to reliability not brand.This poll is an useless exercise in itself.

3.Don't know what you are trying to get out of this poll?
1.So now, doesn't that mean you will not prefer german cars on the reliability front ? So you feel for your choices too? This is a very sensitive and subjective topic.

2.Some brands are known for the build quality and some for the engines, some for the reliability and some for the A.S.S. It is completely upto you to decide your priorities. The best in that priority will get your hard earned money. You feel your cars performance should be top-notch get the japs. You want the car to look good more than the performance, get the germans. All of us know the brands [;)]

3.may be he wants to know which car brand is the best (people's choice) when you add up all the factor's mentioned above.

To be frank, there is no brand war at the moment at least in India. It is a war between models and cars only, because almost all companies including merc, bmw, audi have really come down in their basic standard quality which they used to maintain are known for earlier.

With the kind of market situation and the competition in India and the factors like FE and price are the key here, all of them have started compromising on the materials, reliable parts, features etc., to win the market in India. So Germans or Japaneses are Americans no body are saved from this situation at the moment and they have come down and started introducing the low cost models especially for Indian market, for example : Vento, Rapid, A class etc.,

So it is very difficult to judge a brand which is too good to choose from as the sales in India go with budget, FE and bit of Herd at times[:)]

Last edited:

Guys i don't think we should put icecool in a spot here. Let's us all appreciate him for bringing this poll here. In the opening line itself he has clearly mentioned that if you wish to buy a car only based on BRAND and not on any other fronts (spec, looks, reliability etc) where he is trying to understand Brand preference/loyalty etc. This should be looked upon from a Market research angle where one is trying to understand the importance of BRAND. This brand thing gains prominence once you climb the value chain when you take into consideration brands like Mercedes, Benz, Audi etc where i know many people saying that if i would wish to own a car then it will be Mercedes no matter what. Again in actual scenario most of the people will arrive at a purchase decision by accounting factors like reliability, usability, price, FE, A.S.S etc and brand is just an add on.

Last edited:

I have never been brand conscious, just not in cars, but in anything. I just go with what I want, affordable and most importantly, worth for that price. However, I picked Hyundai in this lot for some reasons. "For me personally", in today's auto market, Hyundai seems to be better. First of all, Design & Styling! Just not contemporary but futuristic too; then features / equipment list, most importantly safety equipment too; moreover ASS is well settled too with competitive spare prices, variety of engine options to offer which performs great.

So, if given a chance, I would prefer to choose from Hyundai stable as my next machine. BTW, even while picking my Figo, I had i-20 as the close contender.

1.So now, doesn't that mean you will not prefer german cars on the reliability front ? So you feel for your choices too? This is a very sensitive and subjective topic.

2.Some brands are known for the build quality and some for the engines, some for the reliability and some for the A.S.S. It is completely upto you to decide your priorities. The best in that priority will get your hard earned money. You feel your cars performance should be top-notch get the japs. You want the car to look good more than the performance, get the germans. All of us know the brands [;)]

3.may be he wants to know which car brand is the best (people's choice) when you add up all the factor's mentioned above.
Hi Ajay,
1.I love Germans for their design sense.I made my Dad buy Ford Figo(American).Its because we loved that car,never used a Ford prior to that.So I have no special brand loyalty.
2.Jap cars and performance?At least in India nobody buys a Japanese car for performance,maybe a Civic as exception.The minute you talk performance its the Germans that come to mind.The Japanese cars are more reliable that's it.Design,build quality and performance they can't touch a German one.
3.How can he glean that?He hasn't put forth any specific criteria or any requirements.If he wants to know people's choice its there in the SALES CHARTS EVERY MONTH.
Regards,
Aneesh.

To be frank, there is no brand war at the moment at least in India. It is a war between models and cars only, because almost all companies including merc, bmw, audi have really come down in their basic standard quality which they used to maintain are known for earlier.

With the kind of market situation and the competition in India and the factors like FE and price are the key here, all of them have started compromising on the materials, reliable parts, features etc., to win the market in India. So Germans or Japaneses are Americans no body are saved from this situation at the moment and they have come down and started introducing the low cost models especially for Indian market, for example : Vento, Rapid, A class etc.,

So it is very difficult to judge a brand which is too good to choose from as the sales in India go with budget, FE and bit of Herd at times
Brand wars: Read an interview with Jaguar's global brand director Adrian Hallmark. "We need to change the vocabulary of people from 'German Trio' to 'European Four'."

How cool was that..???[clap][clap][;)]

Top Bottom