YoY % Change - Hatchbacks

MoM % Change - Sedans

YoY% Change - Sedans

MoM% Change - MUVs

YoY% Change - MUVs

MoM% Change - SUVs

YoY% Change - SUVs

Chevrolet October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Sailing in rough waters and beating no one.

Fiat October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Linear equation with Puntwo variables.

Ford October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

You can have a car in any colour as long as its Ecosport.

Hindustan Motors & Mitsubishi October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Hindustan Motors: Mitsubishi's brand ambassador.

Honda October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Amazed at the results.

Hyundai October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Vernacular thinking, Grand possibilities.

Mahindra October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

SUVeni, SUVedi, SUVici

Maruti Suzuki October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Daddy petrol khatm hi ni hunda.

Nissan October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Terra kya hoga, Kaliya?

Renault October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Skoda October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Singing on high octave.

Tata Motors October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Ok Tata bye bye.

Toyota October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Soldier of Fortune.

Volkswagen October 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Das laggard.

Disclaimer: Although we strive to provide 100% accurate data but do not claim any responsibility due to the nature of sources.

Last edited:
Amaze keeping Honda afloat. Sad to see City's numbers. Cannibalization effect.

i10 grand shows impressive numbers.

actually , the production of the city is stopped.
they are planning to launch the newer city by the end of november

Wonderful to see the Amaze in small towns and villages of rural TN! Hasn't eaten into the Dzire sales. Perhaps another segment of people who want to buy it? Cant wait for the Mobilo!Hope its cheaper than the Ertiga !!

Few things which stand out are
1.Give the market a reliable product,at any price point there will be takers,look at Fortuner,Innova,Duster and Swift twins sales figures.The common man is after all not without common sense.
2.No matter what you shout out from rooftops if you can't give a reliable after sales you ain't gonna stand a chance in India,look at the numbers of Rapid,Vento twins.
3.Would love to meet the three gentlemen who bought Teana and their reasons [thinking]
Ford has managed to push the remaining New Fiestas out of their resting yards with big discounts.Skoda is trying the same with Fabia,but with surprising gimmicks like new gear shift and AC controls.Don't know what's in their MBA brains,as if the shape of gear shifts will woo customers [frustration]

I had a chance to drive a friends Santro,boy I was in for a big surprise,its got a responsive steering unlike i20 and Verna.Can't understand why they can't calibrate a better EPS.

Dear moderators,why is it that luxury car sales figures not being put up,is it because they don't share?Would like to see how they are faring.I see lots of luxury marques on road,maybe the economic downturn is only for mortals like me.

Regards,
Aneesh.

I am surprised to see Maruti Omni in top 10.

i10 taken a hit, and to do that was none other than its sibling, 'Grand' i10.

I was under the impression that Skoda discontinued (or still planning to) the Fabia, few months back. They still managed to sell the left over inventory. That's nice [:)]

Amaze doing Amazing numbers! But sad to see it's younger sibling Brio not picking up sales..

Grand i10 finds a place in top 5 within 2 months of launch,best selling hyundai[clap]

Market leader suzuki swift does not seem to be affected,will get a clear picture in coming months

Terrano + Duster outsells Ecosport,also Duster is just 500 units short of ecosport(thanks to Fords long waiting period and dealership monopoly)

350Z

Core Team
Summary report by SIAM for October 2013.

SIAM-Summary-Oct-2013.jpg

SIAM.jpg

Production

The industry produced a total 2,087,333 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in October 2013 as against 1,827,737 in October 2012, registering a growth of 14.20 percent over the same month last year. The growth is on account of growth in two wheelers.

Domestic Sales

The overall domestic sales during April-October 2013 grew marginally by 3.00 percent over the same period last year. Again this is because of growth in two wheelers. The sales of Passenger Vehicles declined by (-) 4.62 percent during April-October 2013 over the same period last year.

Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans dropped by (-) 4.50 percent, (-) 2.76 percent and (-) 9.80 percent respectively during April-October 2013 compared to the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 15.97 percent in April-October 2013 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered negative growth at (-) 26.04 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles also dropped by (-) 10.36 percent.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 5.49 percent in April-October 2013 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers declined by (-) 5.56 percent and (-) 5.17 percent respectively in April-October 2013 over April-October 2012.

Two Wheelers registered growth of 5.82 percent during April-October 2013 over April-October 2012. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters and Motorcycles grew at 17.79 percent and 3.60 percent respectively, while Mopeds declined by (-) 10.11 percent in April-October 2013 over April-October 2012.

Exports

During April-October 2013 overall automobile exports grew by 5.43 percent. Commercial vehicles declined by (-) 14.58 percent, while Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered growth at 13.49 percent, 22.35 percent and 1.66 percent respectively during April-October 2013 compared to the same period last year.

I am surprised to see that Santro is still selling in much more numbers compared to Beat & Brio.
Fiat - I think now they have lost interest since anyways there DDIS engines are selling like hot cakes [;)]. They seems less interest in selling there own brand cars.

Oh well once again the Industry is crying foul over govt polcies as the cause of poor sales.. listen to any of the top honchos chatting with hormazd. However Maruti is not! Simple- good products+reasonable price ÷ good ASS. I dont see any change in the next few yrs.

Thanks for the neat summary!

Ecosport has gone out of top-10 thanks to Ford's attention to export market (the One-Ford strategy). Ford is keen to put it's eggs in so many baskets that it is stretching thin not only in India, but SA too; while Middle East, Aus/NZ and Euro launches are imminent. Frankly, the MoM dip in Oct domestic shipments made me finally lose all confidence that my dealer will be able to deliver my car in Dec/Jan.

Grand i10 has had biggest effect on Figo and Ritz. Surprisingly, both Micra and Swift have brushed off the challenge.

PS: Sam: line charts aren't apt when X-axis is manufacturer - bar chart is more appropriate.

Grand i10 - grand entry & progress into the market! Looks similar to Ecosport helped probably! [;)] going past M&M Bolero.
Also ES is out of top 10![surprise] Survival of the fittest?

Amaze - amazing numbers! Honda + Diesel option > nobrainer!

Eon still in top 10! Proves it can dent Alto + K10 sales.

OK - Maruti is still the top 4 selling cars! Which I find a bit confusing to be honest, for example the WagonR, while I have done zero research on this car so its not right for me to comment anything. Can someone please tell me the top 5 reasons in your opinion for WagonR selling in so many numbers?!(CNG option top reason?)

Now I am wondering if we can get a split of the numbers anywhere for each variant & region like North South east west for each of the top 10 selling cars!

With Ertiga & OMNI Maruti has 6 cars in the top 10, obviously they have been around too long to be able to understand the Indian urban semi-urban customers.

Great job above BTW!

Last edited:
Ford and Honda top november 2013 sales

The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Monday reported 10.7% decline in its total sales at 92,140 units in November as against 1,03,200 units in the same month last year.

India's second largest automobile manufacturer Hyundai Motor India Ltd. posted a marginal fall in car sales by 10.9 % on Monday. The quarterly report stated that the steep fall of 10.9 % was recorded in November 2013 car sales as compared to sales logged by Hyundai November 2012.

General Motors India on Monday reported a 14.14 per cent decline in sales at 6,214 units in November 2013.The company had sold 7,238 units in the same month of 2012, GM India said in a statement.

Ford India on Monday reported a 19 per cent growth in total sales at 12,050 units in November this year.The company had sold 10,155 units in the same month last year, it said in a statement.

Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) today reported more than a two-and-half fold increase in its domestic sales in November 2013 at 9,332 units as against 3,711 units in the same month last year

Maruti sales down 10.7% in November - Hindustan Times

Hyundai records lower car sales in November - Money - DNA

GM India sales fall 14.14% in November - Business Today - Business News

Ford India sales rise 19 per cent in November - NDTVProfit.com

Honda Cars sales soar over 150% in November - NDTVProfit.com

Waiting for the monthly report. Mods please merge it whenever it comes out [:)]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom