Test driven Zest XT Diesel today, it was a red colored car and believe me this color was looking really good. Though it was a short test drive and below are my initial impressions:
1. I really liked the looks (it's subjective).
2. Cabin noise is very less.
3. A/C was really chilling, tired ACC as well.
4. Clutch was super light, really loved it.
5. Music system was good, really impressed with the sound quality.
6. Space is mind-blowing, 5 people can sit comfortably.
Now a slight negative point that i observed.
we were four people sitting in the car while the drive and A/C was on. While driving I observed that this car lacks a punch in power (you may call it lag) which i never faced in Dzire. Tough just with this short drive I cannot confirm and will definitely take another test drive to check the power.
Overall i am really impressed with ZEST and if I have to buy a compact sedan then this will be it. At the end of test drive the people gave me a PVR voucher worth rs 500
Zest XT diesel will cost 7.80 lacs in Gurgaon and around 8 lacs in Delhi. With all the bells and whistles this car has potential and can become segment leader (according to me) and moreover it ticks the box of Value for money.