Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol Automatic Launched (Diesel AT is Rumor!)

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys i just came across the news of hyundai launching grand i10 with a diesel automatic in coming months. If so than i think it is the best thing which can happen to car industry and it will be one of the best small cars people can buy, as being a diesel it will be frugal and being automatic it will be the ideal choice for city conditions.
Diesel automatics are need of the season.

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 diesel automatic

That would be a spring board for hyundai in sky rocketing their sales in the city segment. A compact, responsive, feature packed and now automatic - what else would some hope or city driving.

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Automatic!

That's such an applaudable move by Hyundai. All the car makers were simply wasting time on bringing out a diesel automatic.The traffic in most urban cities call for a automatic and this news couldn't get any better. Hats off to Hyundai for their boldness to bring in a diesel automatic hatch.Hope they offer it even in lower trims.

Last edited:

If true, kudos to hyundai. They have almost always offered a host of new/segment first tech/features in their cars. This move I think would definitely make other manufacturers feel the heat.

Hi Guys,

This morning i happened to see a Grand i10 with temp number plates around 10:15AM near Pallikaranai (Chennai). First thought it is being taken from stockyard to the dealer. But, later realized that it doesnt have any badging which looked suspicious.

Few observations:
1.) Only one driver was there in the car. He looked to be Hyundai employee with proper uniform.
2.) There were no fog lamps.
3.) Car was driven quite fast even in traffic.
4.) TN09 TC 0025 is the temp number.

I tried my best to stretch my eyes inside my office cab to see if i can see the gear lever but i could not able to see it.

I was inside a Tata Indica so couldnt even hear the sound of this car as my office cab's noise is much higher than any other cars on that road[frustration]

What do you guys think? Is this an Automatic variant in testing?? If so, Diesel??

Hyundai-Grand-i10-Diesel-Automatic-Spied.jpg

Hyundai-Grand-i10-Diesel-Automatic-Testing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

This morning i happened to see a Grand i10 with temp number plates around 10:15AM near Pallikaranai (Chennai). First thought it is being taken from stockyard to the dealer. But, later realized that it doesnt have any badging which looked suspicious.
Fantastic catch. It’s indeed a test car and I see no reason why it can't be an AT. The launch is expected by the end of this month. Bring it on Hyundai, I’m waiting for this one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I too spotted this unnamed Grand couple of times. But, not able to judge what it is.

Will try to find next time[;)]

Hi,
Automatic Gear boxes are really worth for small cars to drive in the city traffic.
But still maintanence will be a big question mark. If any issue persists, whether they will change the entire transmission unit?

350Z

Core Team

Does Hyundai launched Grandi10 AT?Came across this ad in newspaper.
Can you share a bigger screenshot? There is no mention about the automatic version on their website so far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Can you share a bigger screenshot? There is no mention about the automatic version on their website so far.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Does Hyundai launched Grandi10 AT?Came across this ad in newspaper.
Some one said me Petrol A/T is already available for Grand i10. Has anyone been to Hyundai showrooms lately can verify.

Top Bottom