I didn't had Toyota (when I had Innova) & Hyundai (for i10) ASC in my town, so I had to get done regular services & many accident jobs from known Auto engineer garage. But my experiences are:-
1) Local guy appear cheaper because they don't ask for parts replacement unless they are near total damage. Considering high speed highway tours, often with families, this may turn devastating.
2) Local guy check & repair only for the things asked, while ASC checks everything whether asked or not & suggest replacement for partly damaged parts, so appear costlier but may be safer in long run.
3) Local guy many time attempt repair of bumper / door / light assembly, so appear cheap while ASC insist for replacement so costlier but better for those who want their car in tiptop condition
4) Body / bonnet / door color done by local garage appear like new initially but somehow show signs of ageing in few months. ASC color job is costlier but last longer.
5) In accident job, local guy have no access to company original spares & hence mostly use spares available from gujri bazaar which are usually leftover from total loss vehicles, hence cheaper but are not exact new.
6) In accidental jobs, insurance people deliberately deduct 10-15% from spare charges (charges means not that quoted by garage, charges of OEM
spares) when spares are not procured from company, but from elsewhere, because they believe they are procured from used vehicles.
7) For complicated engine & electrical problems, local guy will deliberately ask to go to ASC as he don't have access to hardware/software to access & decode ECU.
In nutshell, I recommend to go to ASS
unless you are damn sure about quality & vfm
of local garage. Rather sorry to be harsh, but purchase the vehicle when you can afford the ASS
. I know they are selfish & money hungry, but we have no option when quality is first priority.