Originally Posted by tusharg
Yesterday I did 284 KM in a day. My observations
1. We really need sun films to reduce the heat and for effictive AC
2. Cruise control is worth the cost feature, I used it many times on my drive and noticed that fuel efficiency increases when used
3. Received 16.2 Km/l average (Petrol)
4. Poor plastic rear ac vent knob.. just broke while using!
5. Head lights specially low beam needs bit more coverage... the current low beam forces you to more often switch to higher beam. (I prefer to use maximum time lower beam rather then high beam.)
Don't worry buddy, Every AC takes its time to cool. Its not just in cars, even office, homes etc take their time. For Effective cooling follow the below steps
1. Roll down windows fully for few minutes.
2. Turn the blower to full speed, click on AC Button as well as Recirculation Button. Then select mode to Face.
3. Turn off Auto Button, especially when car is hot, it'll not cool effectively.
4. Always make sure the AC Vents throw maximum air, if any of the vent doesn't blow enough air, it will be blocked. After doing these, you'll see improvement in Cooling.
Regarding broken Rear AC Vent, i too have a broken vent in my Rapid. The knob which turns airflow is broken. So it's common, get it replaced at Service Station.